Wattpad Original
There are 63 more free parts

aggravated

verb ~ to annoy or exasperate someone

My search for Aldren started out leisurely. I wanted the social points of the pack house, knowing he would not be training he had to be inside, surely? It was damp and cold outside too.

But nope. Not inside.

Growling with agitation the more I searched for him, I eventually gave up and pulled a coat and boots on ready to brave the cold. Huddling inside the large fabric, I started on the perimeter of the house. If he was not in eyesight, I was going to give up.

Halfway around the gigantic building, the sound of the heavy breathing met my ears followed by quiet grunts of exertion. Turning a corner, my eyes found the hoard of pack members working out. There seemed to be some kind of follow the leader work out going on but I paid little attention, scanning them for signs of ginger hair and freckles.

He wasn't there which only made my agitation boil further.

Today was not a good day.

Grumbling, I folded my arms across my body and continued my walk around the house. I was vaguely aware of Phoenix watching me with confusion, both Leo and Sean back by his side. I don't know when they got there since I just saw them in the kitchen.

Finishing the perimeter of the house, I made my way back inside. Slinging my boots into a heap on the floor I hung my coat up to dry on a nearby hook. Grabbing an apple on my way through the kitchen, I figured I'd make my way to the cosy room when someone interrupted me.

"Nova?"

I paused in my tracks, spinning around to face the staircase. My arms flew out wide with exasperation. I was tired, wet and annoyed and he just happened to show up now?

"I thought you were meant to see the future!" I complained.

Aldren raised an eyebrow as he climbed down the remaining few steps. "Are you looking for me?"

"Yes!" I grunted. "I thought you would've seen that."

He smiled, crossing his arms as he came to stop beside me. "Sight is a strange thing, Nova."

I noted the pointed look he gave me and grinned in response. "Perfect, so you know why I want you."

Sighing, he nodded. "We shall do this in the garden room."

I clapped my hands with excitement before leading the way to the room in question. Stepping inside, I was greeted with the comforting feeling of warmth. Settling into the sofa, Aldren hovered before sitting in the chair to my right. I clasped my hands together, waiting eagerly for him to make the first move. When it didn't happen right away, I spoke up instead.

"So..." I began. "Have you seen today already?"

He smirked, amused. "It doesn't work like that, Nova."

"Then teach me, oh wise one." I smirked back.

"First of all, I don't see everything. My visions come to me when it is something important." He began. "I'm sure you have had a fair few in your sleep, correct?"

I nodded and he continued.

"That is how mine started. When I was younger, I started having strange dreams. Our grandparents were alive then, and Grandmother Celimene taught me a lot I needed to know. Your mother was still learning but she was a lot more trained than I." He smiled softly.

My chest warmed with the thought of them. "I bet she kicked your ass."

"Your mother was too kind to beat my ass." He laughed lightly. "She supported me when grandma got too hands on."