Wattpad Original
There are 55 more free parts

gifts

noun ~ a thing given willingly to someone without payment; as a present

Dinner is ready! I chirped to the entire pack, wiping my hands on a towel.

I had slowly learnt how to take on everyone's aura and link at once. It was times like now, when my mind is completely open, that I am grateful for the practice. Shouts and murmurs of excitement flooded the pack link before wolves began to flow into the dining room.

Turning to the four other women in the kitchen, I gave them a huge smile. We had already set up the entire feat upon the large tables out there, the meat wrapped up tightly and vegetables galore.

"We ready for this?"

"Yes, Luna!" They laughed.

Turning to the doors, I smoothed out my hair before joining the rest of the pack in the dining room. Phoenix was already stood at the end of the main table and turned to face me with a warm smile.

"Everything smells amazing." He praised.

"Well, I had quite the team!" I giggled, kissing his cheek.

Standing beside him, we waited for everyone to take their seats. Our pack wasn't huge by any means, my old pack must've been three times the size. We were a happy number of seventy-three now, and I could not be more content.

Once everyone stood beside their chair, Phoenix cleared his throat and all eyes snapped to us. I forced myself to keep my gaze level, Phoenix's hand on my back a clear remind of my position. Meeting the eyes of many wolves, I waited for Phoenix to speak.

"You may be seated." He announced.

Gentle chatter filled the large room once more as wolves took their seats. Phoenix hummed softly, pulling out my chair and gently guiding me into it. I happily sat, eager to get my hands on some of the yummy goodness. Going by Molly down the table, she seemed to have the same idea.

"Do you have a drink, my love?" Phoenix wondered.

I cursed, shaking my head. "I left it in the kitchen."

Just as I was about stand to go get it, he beat me to it, pushing back his chair whilst keeping a firm hand on my shoulder.

"I'll get it. I want a top up too." He smirked.

I laughed, nodding my head with agreement. My head fell into my hands as I ran my eyes along the table. I was sat at the foot of the table, on Phoenix's left as usual. Beside me was Sean, followed by Rose and Pollux. On Phoenix's right, was Charlie, Calida, Leo and Molly. I was happy to see Calida here, openly greeting her. She was quiet and subdued, the news of her possible ill-health had kept her locked away in her room again. Going by Charlie's hand on her thigh, I assumed he had been staying close by.

Phoenix returned before I could talk to Rose, my drink in one hand and his beer in the other. It was weird seeing him drink beer, I was so used to the whiskey. He must've noticed my curious eyes because he laughed, raising his drink.

"I fancied a change. It's Christmas after all." He grinned before raising his voice. "Attention, please."

Everyone fell silent, all eyes falling to Phoenix as he remained standing. With his beer still in hand, he addressed the pack.

"I'm glad to be here today to celebrate with you all. It is our first celebrated Christmas as a pack and I hope we can do more things like this as the years go on." He began. "I have admittedly looked back on my past rulership with a magnifying glass, and realised how little we do as a pack other than train. I hope we can not only continue to be successful as warriors, but also as family."