Wattpad Original
There are 47 more free parts

future

noun ~ the time or a period of time following the present

I didn't have it in me to be shocked. The number of times I have had people question my wolf was more than I could count on one hand. My eyes narrowed into slits as I stared at her, waiting for her to continue with her questioning as everyone did.

Dawn swallowed harshly, the sound filling the deathly silence and making me chomp down to prevent myself from snapping with agitation.

"Who are you?"

I sucked on my cheeks before answering. "Nova."

"No, who are you?" She frowned.

"I am Nova." I challenged.

She clicked her tongue, seemingly disapproving of my answer. "You are letting your hormones rule you."

I growled slightly at her, the burning feeling of annoyance settling in my chest. "Well, when someone irks and disrespects me I am going to be agitated."

She hummed, running her gaze over my body. "Yes, I see that now."

We remained silent, my eyes locked on her face as she seemed to disappear from the state of consciousness. Her eyes fogged over, a frown on her lips as she thought about something deeply. She only blinked out of her daze when I shifted my weight, crossing my ankles.

"Why are you here?"

"I wanted to ask questions about my grandmother."

"And who is your grandmother?" She huffed.

She really didn't believe who I was, did she?

"Celimene Terra."

"You are saying you are her grandchild?" She grunted.

"Yes."

"Of which parent?"

"Isabelle."

"Isabelle?"

"Yes." I huffed. "I think we have established that I am Nova Terra, birth name Cassie. My mother is Isabelle Terra, my father is Frederick Hala. My brother is my twin and he is called Pollux Terra. I simply do not know what else to tell you, Dawn... Oh wait, I know. How about the fact I was cursed as a child, have my grandmother's wolf's soul and can see visions of the future? That should do it."

Her lips pursed whilst my chest heaved with frustration, and I glared down at my lap. Not the time to lose my shit when I wanted answers.

"If you are going to continue to question who I am, I can assure you that I am not going to change my answers." I quipped. "So, you either accept that or I shall leave and not disturb you again."

After a moment's pause, she answered in slow succession. "That won't be necessary."

My eyes snapped to hers with confusion but all she did in response was shrug, a small smirk on her face.

"You are much like your mother was."

I could practically groan aloud. "So, I have been told."

"Do you want a cup of tea?"

Taking a calming breath, I nodded. "Please."

She raised from the chair and busied herself in the next room. Whilst she was gone, I fought hard to calm my anger down. I felt Phoenix prodding at the bond, alarm coursing through him. Sighing, I realised I had shut him out and hesitantly let him through.

'What is going on? Your guards claim you are okay, yet you turned off the link!' He growled. 'I am ready to come and get you!'

Sorry, sorry. I apologised. Dawn is a difficult one to please. It seems she knows all the buttons to press to get my anger rising. I must've shut you out without thinking.