Wattpad Original
There are 19 more free parts

BONUS ~ rescue

verb ~ to save someone/something from a difficult situation

POLLUX

When I woke, I knew something was happening because I could feel it in my bones.

My head was pounding a dull rhythm, nausea creeping up my stomach and a strange sense of fear clutching at my throat. I groaned as I rolled over, my vision swirling with the dull grey of my cell. I looked up, catching a brief glance of something happening at the other side of the room.

There was a loud snapping, followed by a sizzling. I caught a glimpse of what looked like a snake being whipped around by a man. Phoenix's figure was hunched as the snake bit him and I groaned before succumbing to the darkness again.

I don't know how long I was out before I was disturbed again.

I sighed heavily. Why was I even still here?

"Pollux?" Phoenix called.

I let out a puff of air, pushing my back against the wall as I tried to sit. It only seemed to worsen the nausea. I half expected to be dead by now, if I'm being honest.

"Pollux?" He tried again.

Could he clearly not see I was trying to not vomit all over the place?

I let out an annoyed huff, resting my head against my knees as I faced his direction. He was standing behind the bars, still semi-nude and somehow covered in more blood than before. My eyebrows furrowed, trying to focus to see if I was just blurring his colours all together.

"Can you talk?" He asked.

My bleary eyes searched for his, finding the glowing hazel. Without his wolf, his eyes never darkened, so that was interesting. It was rare you saw Phoenix without a dark shade in his eyes.

Licking my lips, my throat ached with the need for water. "No..."

He was silent, but I could not see his defined features.

"I will get us out of here." He grunted. "Trust me, Pollux. They cannot hold me in here for much longer."

I wanted to ask, how would he even do that, but kept my mouth sealed. He must've remained vague for a reason.

Footsteps scuffled down the hallway, and I lazily trailed my eyes to the metal door that swung open. Was this dungeon sound proof? Did they have cameras somewhere that told them when I woke up? Or were they just that good?

The footsteps seemed lighter than normal, and I curiously glanced toward the stairs to try to make out who the figure was. The light from upstairs cast them in shadow, and only when the door slammed shut did I make out the face of a woman.

She was petite, standing at the chest level of the two men behind her. Her hair and skin were dark, a devilish aura about her. Her eyes were a brilliant blue, lips curved into a small smile. She seemed harmless, but as soon as her eyes met mine, that strange feeling came back, and I knew she was anything but.

This damn gift could still work, even without my wolf.

I'll be damned.

"Glad you are both alert!" Her voice was delicate, like silk.

I sneaked a glance at Phoenix to find him watching her curiously. His nose twitched, but otherwise, he was still. The two men behind her were eying him warily, cautious of his previous actions. I assumed that his recent injuries and blood stains were from something I missed whilst asleep.

"I am glad to make your acquaintance, King Titan, Pollux of Terra." She smiled. "I am Esmerelda."

My eyebrow quirked, unamused. Her blue eyes studied me, expecting a reaction, but when I gave none, she turned to Phoenix. She approached his cage, staring up into his eyes with her hands interlinked in front of her. Phoenix sneered, but didn't move away.