Wattpad Original
There are 61 more free parts

preparation

noun ~ the action or process of making ready or being made ready for use orconsideration

Okay, so I fell asleep. I blame Charlie for planting the idea in my head in the first place.

Groggily, I made my way out of my bed and raised my watch to check the time. Two o'clock, near enough, I had slept through lunch but there was still plenty of time to go and check the preparations for the hunt. Going into the bathroom I freshened myself up before heading out of the bedroom.

I was just making my way to the main door when my senses became on high alert. Spinning around, my eyes fell onto my mate. He was perched on the sofa, going over some paperwork. Entering the room, his attention shifted to me.

"Good afternoon, beautiful." He murmured.

He started stacking the sheets into a pile before turning to give me his full attention.

"What are you doing up here?" I wondered.

"Just had work to do but wanted to be near you." He admitted.

I beamed, coming to step before him. His hand met my thigh, head tilted as he stared up at me. I raised my left leg to hitch over his thighs and his hands moved to support me. Resting on his crotch, I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"That's cute." I grinned, kissing his nose.

He grumbled, his hands tensing on my thighs. I grinded my hips into him in response and his eyes narrowed.

"Later." He grunted. "We have things to do."

I shrugged, agreeing and he rose to his feet in response. His hands clasped my thighs as he stood, my feet locking around his waist. Keeping me firmly situated, he carried me all the way downstairs in comfortable silence.

"You hungry?" He wondered, stopping at the last step. "You missed lunch."

"I can eat." I nodded.

He smirked, kissing my cheeks as he carried me to the kitchen. "Sandwich?"

"Yes, please!" I grinned.

He grumbled, kissing me once more before sitting me on a barstool. I waited patiently as he prepared me a sandwich, enjoying watching the way his back and arms moved. When it was ready, I greedily scarfed down the ham and cheese sandwich, crunching on the crisps as Phoenix watched me amused.

We had a sonogram yesterday, the babies were growing so much more, I could see their little fingers and toes. We decided to wait another couple week before revealing the genders. Kate had written it on a card that I kept secure in my bed-side cupboard. I was excited for the build up but the sweet moments of watching our children grow and move inside of me, was incredible. I was nearly half way and they were just getting bigger and bigger.

"Thank you." I beamed once finished.

His eyes flashed with his wolf, a satisfied rumble as he leaned in to block me against the counter. His shoulders hunched, caving me in as my back pressed against the cool granite top.

"I enjoy feeding you." He admitted.

I blushed slightly, wrapped my arms around his neck to not feel so caged in. He relaxed at the contact, moving his hands from the side to rest on my waist. Leaning in close, our lips connected in a sweet, gentle kiss. Satisfaction hummed in my stomach, as our mouths gently caressed each other, an admission of affection and love passing between us.

"Come on, everyone is due to leave at four." He mumbled against my lips.

I nodded, going to hop down from the barstool but he caught me halfway again. I shot him a glare, but he just smirked, telling me that I will want him to carry me in a few weeks' time.