Wattpad Original
There are 77 more free parts

past

noun ~ the set of all events that occurred before a given point in time

It was around dinner time that someone came to find me. I had stayed with the girls for a few hours until Phoenix was the one to break it up. He managed to somehow coax the other three from the room, promises of food in their path. It was enough for Molly, especially when she said Leo had requested strawberry cheesecake for her dessert.

Once the three of them had walked from the door, Phoenix's arms came around me and pulled me tight. I felt the tension leave my shoulders as I stood pressed into his chest, my arms around his waist. I inhaled his scent deeply, sinking my face into the soft fibres of his shirt. It sent alarming shockwaves down to my core, as usual, that I tried to ignore.

"Hungry?" He wondered.

I lifted my head from his chest and smiled up at him. "I could eat."

A low chuckle was his response as he turned and led me to the dining room. His arm lay wrapped around my waist until we came to our usual spots at the top table. I sat down automatically, rather used to him insisting on plating my food. Sometimes, if his wolf was particularly on edge or emotional, he would make us eat off the same plate. Those nights, we had wonderful times in the bedroom.

Today, seemed like a calm day. Phoenix came back with two plates, both full of rice but he had piles of meat on top. I was glad he stuck to my aversions, choosing to get me a mixed vegetable version minus the meat. He kissed the side of my head before waiting for me to try the first bite. When the wonderful aromatics hit my tongue, I hummed my approval and nodded, causing him to grin and dig in himself.

The hustle of the dining room had become normal to me now. Before I had been so self-conscious and aware of everyone, but I had found myself not even noticing. I didn't even realise our table was full until I looked up for a drink of water. My eyes met Charlie's from across the table, finding he was already watching me.

I narrowed my eyes, swallowing my mouthful. What?

He jumped slightly, not expecting my intrusion. 'Nothing, just making sure you're not going to vomit all over the table. I'm wearing a nice shirt today.'

I rolled my eyes, shaking my head with amusement as I closed the link back up. I often found him watching me; he had become as bad as Phoenix. In truth, all the men in my life had turned into hawks. My brothers were just as bad, making sure I was never alone like I was a small child.

Swirling water around my mouth, I drank half the glass swiftly before finishing my meal, content in the silence. I finished long before Phoenix, the male in question only halfway through his mountain of food. If he didn't work out so much, he would be a big cuddly bear. I wondered how soft his fur would feel, and how squishy his belly would be.

Drifting my gaze back to the table, I snickered to myself at the thought of Phoenix having anything other than the muscles he worked hard for. Something nudged my foot, my head snapping to the culprit currently sitting behind me. Pollux's green eyes stared intensely at me and I sighed before letting him into my mind.

'You okay?' He wondered.

Yeah, why?

His lips pursed. 'I can feel your unease.'

You can?

He shrugged. 'Always have felt other's emotions rather strongly, even more so since I joined this pack.'

How strange. I mumbled. Twin thing?

His lips pulled back into a smirk as he once again shrugged his shoulders. 'Maybe. But I think it's more.'