Wattpad Original
There are 50 more free parts

decision

noun ~ a conclusion reached after consideration

I sat patiently as he read over the list, his eyebrows furrowing as he scanned the two sheets of paper. Both of them were double-sided too.

"I may have got a little carried away." I admitted.

His eyes flickered up to me in surprise, a look of shock coating his features. "No, no, don't worry about that, my love. I am merely contemplating."

I nodded quietly, sitting patiently as he turned over the last piece of paper. My hands laced together, I sat perfectly still until he finished. I think I made a pretty good argument, and if I gave him my puppy eyes, I'm sure I could win him over.

Placing the miniature story down, Phoenix ran his hand through the small tufts of beard on his chin. I watched him, my stomach rumbling with the desire to have my answer. He was teasing me, prolonging his answer as his eyes studied me and then the wall behind me. I was antsy in his chair, my feet impatiently tapping the floor.

Gritting my teeth, I forced a friendly smile. "Well?"

He smirked, knowing that he had gotten to me. "Well... You made a very good argumentative list."

I nodded, leaning forwards to tidy the paper up to distract myself. "Yeah?

"Yeah." He nodded.

Silence.

I swear my eye starting twitching.

I was going to grab him by the collar and demand my answer in a minute.

He suddenly laughed. "No need for violence, little mate."

'Little mate?' Cel snapped.

He knows it riles you up. I replied.

Clicking my tongue, I shook my head at him. "Phe-Phe, this is not the time for condescending jokes."

His eyes flashed, glowering at me with that crude smirk of his. "Okay, then you have to sit and listen until I'm finished."

I nodded, faux zipping my lips shut and throwing away the key. He laughed, shaking his head as his hands came to rest on the desk's top. My eyes widened considerably as the movement cast his shadow across me. He crowded me, his shoulders hunching and hair falling in small waves past his temple.

He knew what he was doing, and I was going to try my hardest to not fall for it...

'Too late.' Cel sighed, dreamily.

The day this man looks ugly will be the day I eat my foot.

"I do not want you to go to the mountains."

My heart shattered, my chest constricting. His eyes softened, the bond between us flexing as he tested the link.

"However, I think we can come to an agreement." He continued. "I know how much this means to you, to find a little more about yourself, and I believe I can benefit from this too."

I nodded, my hope lifting. I was doing well to stay quiet, the words bubbling at the surface.

"I will go with you, and yes Pollux can come too. We travel at night, spend two days there and come home the second day's evening. The flight will only take ninety minutes, but we will have to travel up the mountain via car. I will not have you walking in the cold, so it is going to take longer. The plane cannot land so far up north as the terrain is too risky. Even now, it may be icy so we have to be careful." He explained, watching me curiously. "We take five men-don't give me that look, five men or shall I make it ten?"