Wattpad Original
There are 45 more free parts

BONUS ~ investigate

verb ~ carry out an inquiry to discover and examine the facts of something

PHOENIX

Travelling with Nova was cute. I enjoyed watching the emotions that ran across her face and through her mind. The fear of flying, to the amazed, parted lip and wide-eyed wonderment of being in the sky. From finally landing, to having to take a car to the top of the mountains and end up in the freezing snow

Aldren was right when he said it reached below freezing at this time of year.

Falling asleep beside her that night, even with her cold toes pressed against my calves, I couldn't help but admire everything about her. The next morning at breakfast, I kept to myself, allowing her to take control of the conversation. Nova was my Luna and this was her family, the last thing I wanted to do was criticise the entire family line.

I would even start with the anger I have for them not searching for her after her mother perished.

I nearly bent my fork in half when Nova turned to me with those pleading eyes. She wanted to wander into the forests again. With one of them.

Leading me out of the dining room after breakfast, her small figure danced along beside me until we reached our bedroom. There she turned to me, interlacing her hands together to beg at me. I remained stoic, not showing her any lenience. This was for her safety.

"You know what happened last time," I growled.

She pressed herself against me, linking our fingers together. "Oh, come on, this is what we are here for isn't it?"

Narrowing my eyes at the little vixen, I forced back the urge to bare my teeth. It was becoming harder to keep my stronger instincts at bay lately. I knew it was down to the intense protectiveness I felt of her now she was showing. I wanted to maim anyone that laid a hand on her and gut the eyes and tongue of anyone who dared look at her funny.

It is why I stayed silent.

But now, I wasn't going to keep it to myself.

"Nova. The last time you went into the forest with my Beta and two Lycans and did not come back."

"Pollux doesn't really count..." She murmured.

My breath hitched, focusing my gaze on her sheepish one. "Not the point, Pollux or not you all got injured and it turns out the bitch was working with the enemy. Now she is fifteen feet deep in my dungeon."

She squirmed beside me, her nails digging into the back of my hand "Last time we left without telling anyone! This time I will have all of my guards, and I will keep my link open."

I growled, knowing full well she had a point but not wanting to give in.

"Oh please, Phe-Phe." She begged.

My eyes snapped to hers, and she grinned manically when she caught me.

"I could always call you Phe-Phe from now on..."

I growled, unintentionally flashing my canines at her. She winced slightly, the nervous bob in her throat giving away that I had startled her. Closing my eyes, I cursed internally as I fought to calm my breathing.

"I'm sorry... I will go with you."

She shook her head, rubbing my chest. "This is something I want to do alone. You heard what they said; Dawn doesn't like strangers."

"Nova..." I sighed, raising my hands to cup her cheeks.

"Please, Phoenix. I just want to talk to her."