Wattpad Original
There are 73 more free parts

fervour

noun ~ intense and passionate feeling

warning; contains mild sexual content, I've marked it out

I was warm. Way too warm and way too uncomfortable.

Groaning, I rolled my way out of the tight restraints, falling onto my back. Kicking the duvet from my body, I pried my eyes open to the dull room. It was dark inside still, despite my watch saying it was eight o'clock. Sneaking a glance at Phoenix, I found him still asleep with a small frown on his face. Before he could latch onto me once again, I stood from the bed and made my way over to the window.

Peeking through the curtains, I caught a glimpse of the dark morning sky as it poured with rain. It was heavy, slashing through the air with vigour. That would explain why Phoenix was still asleep; there was no training outside today.

It had been two weeks since I pulled him from the dungeon, and the following days he had followed me around like a lost puppy. He claimed it was because his wolf felt bad for hurting me, so I   went along with it. It gave me a weird sense of déjà vu, however, from the time I had gone missing and he always had someone tailing me.

Eventually, I had snapped. It was inevitable and I still cringe about it to this day. These pregnancy hormones were growing by the day and on day six of being followed and pampered, I had demanded my space. He didn't seem hurt, it only seemed to do the opposite. His eyes lit up, his lips pulling into a grin before he whisked me away to the bedroom. It was hot and intense and after that, he left me to my freedom.

I breathed a laugh at the memory, closing the curtains behind me. I was about to step away when warm hands wrapped themselves around my waist to settle on the small bump of my abdomen. I inhaled Phoenix's scent, leaning into him as his lips trailed along my neck to nibble at my lower jaw. Relaxing my body into him, his hands moved to trail along my sides and hips.

My breath hitched when he changed course and palmed at my breasts, his mouth sucking on his mark. My legs shook from the overwhelming desire that flashed down my spine, the manipulation of his tongue against my burning skin was an aphrodisiac I couldn't get enough of.

"Phoenix." I exhaled shakily.

He hummed, the vibrations causing me to shiver. "You weren't in bed when I woke."

"I was just looking outside." I mumbled.

He hummed again, his hands moving back down my body. I exhaled heavily when he moved his mouth away from my skin. The buzzing of the bond flooded my senses, engulfing my body in a burning blaze. I had slept in just a nightie last night, and as his hands began to pull up the hem, I arched my back into him. His fingers trailed lightly against my thighs until one hand secured the fabric at my hips.

He chuckled, pulling his head away to gaze down at me. I titled my head to stare into his eyes, giving him a firm pout. He smirked at me before removing his hands completely. I stumbled as he took a step backwards, licking his lips with a wild look in his eye.

"Where are you going?" I narrowed my eyes.

"I'm rather hungry, I think I may just go for-"

**sc**

I cut him off with a growl, stepping closer to slam my mouth against his. He grinned against my lips before returning the kiss, his hands moving to wrap around my waist. They moved down my body, groping at my ass before hitching beneath my thighs. I jumped with him wrapping my legs around his waist as we collided.

Pulling away, we hastily caught our breaths.

"I suppose breakfast could wait." He mused.

I nodded, hands pawing at the hair at the nape of his neck. Giving it a slight tug, his eyes blazed with excitement before he carried me over to the bottom of the bed. He gave me a wicked grin before letting go of me. My eyes widened as I tightened the hold I had on his body, not wanting to fall. He laughed, prying me from him like a leech, causing me to free fall onto the mattress below.