Wattpad Original
There are 60 more free parts

secret

adjective ~ not meant to be known or seen by others

After all of the excitement, I was finally able to get Molly to sit back on the barstool without exploding. She was bubbling with energy, her eagerness to discuss the multitude.

"So, we are going to have four babies! Four! Why didn't you tell me sooner?" She screeched.

I shrugged. "I was going to but I didn't know when the best time was."

"Duh, like, as soon as you found out." She snarked.

Shaking my head, I rolled my eyes. "That would ruin the surprise of it though."

"Do you know what they are yet?" Leo wondered.

I shared a look with Kate and frowned. "We are waiting."

"Wait, why did you look at Kate like that?" Molly glared, pointed a finger at us. "Does she know?"

I rolled my eyes. "She does and she has written it down on a card for the day we are ready to find out."

Molly groaned. "I want to know now!"

"Okay, enough grumpiness." Leo chastised her. "Are we done with the vegetables?"

Nodding, I made a move to wash my hands. "We are. Just the meat to go."

He frowned, nodding. "I though you hate meat at the moment."

I gritted my teeth. "I do... But I'm sure it will be fine."

He gave me a stern brotherly look, crossing his arms against his chest. "Okay, I'd love to see that."

Frowning at him, I was about to retort when the hairs on the back of my neck stuck up. I halted, my mouth closing quietly as I tuned in my senses to the new presence. My body hummed with recognition, the mark on my neck twinging as my mate entered the pack house. The immediate smell of blood met my nose but the overwhelming joy coming from the entire pack disguised it.

"They're back." I breathed, moving around the island.

Molly and Leo exchanged a look before she was standing from her chair and following me out of the door. Pushing the doors open, my first view was my mate. He was as bare as the day he was born, coming to stand right before me. My nose twitched as the scent of blood came off him in waves.

"Hi." I squeaked. "Did it go well?"

"Hi." He chuckled before stepping to the side.

My eyes lingered on his bare chest for a moment before casting to the left of him and finding the haulage of the hunt. They widened when the caught sight of the large male boar hung between Charlie and Sean. It had to be the size of a person, no doubt old and well fed. They both grinned at me, Charlie wiggling his eyebrows as I realised too late that he was also naked. Blushing slightly, I looked away to find eight other pack members all with their own hunt thrown over their shoulder.

"It went well." He chuckled. "Everyone is washing in the stream but will make their way home soon."

With a flick of his fingers, the men behind him began to move, carrying the various meats into the kitchen. The doors swung shut behind them and I averted my gaze from the bare butts back to my personal favourite bare butt.

Phoenix smiled, his bloodied hand rising before thinking better of it. "I will go shower. I will be back, my love."

"Okay." I nodded, smiling softly.

I watched as he made his way upstairs, my eyes transfixed on his bare skin as it moved up the staircase. He shot me and amused look over his shoulder once he hit the top floor before disappearing up the next light of stairs. I sighed softly, clasping my hands together before going back into the kitchen.