Wattpad Original
There are 10 more free parts

labour

noun ~ the process of childbirth; hard physical work

Molly was firm the entire time of her early labour, easily telling us her wants and detests; one being she needed the gas and air like oxygen to breathe. It was a higher wolf dose, which caused her the occasional nausea or fit of giggles. As the contractions grew, she switched positions onto all fours, my hand never leaving her body; as requested. She claimed my touch soothed her wolf, and I honoured her desire.

Celemine was on high alert, forcing me to keep track of everything. Her breathing, her machines, the sound of her heart and lungs and even the baby's heart. It was instinctual, and I just flowed with it.

Eventually Molly's water broke, and Leo recoiled like she had pooped on his favourite bedsheet.

I pressed the buzzer, and a small nurse came running in with a wide grin before clearing the sheets. I noticed there were various waterproof layers beneath Molly, making it easy to slide the dirty ones away.

I looked away when she checked Molly's dilation, rubbing my best friend's shoulders as she breathed heavily. Her body was growing sweaty with the announcement that she was at eight centimetres and nearly completely effaced. In short, her cervix was thinning and her baby was nearly here!

Thankfully, I could sit down for most of it because Molly would spend most of her time gripping the bed frame. My feet were aching, my eyes growing itchy as the time flew by. Leo had gagged a few times, causing me to shoot him a glare. Molly's head was pressed firmly into the pillows as he hands gripped the headboard until her knuckles turned white, her back arching.

"This is your fault!" She snapped, before sucking on the gas tube.

"Me?" I gasped.

"No! You don't have a dick! It's his fault! Why do women have to shit out an entire child?" She screeched after coming down from a contraction.

They were regular now, at only eighty seconds apart.

"Me?" Leo grunted. "You wanted that dick!"

I facepalmed as Molly snarled, her head turning away from me to face him. Her fist knocked into his chest, but her weak limbs caused a mere brush against his shirt. The heart monitor was having a field day with the amount she was getting worked up.

"You could've ejaculated somewhere else! You got me pregnant!" She cursed at him.

Leo's brown eyes moved to mine when another contraction caused her to quieten. I giggled at his shocked expression, shrugging my shoulders.

The door swung open and Kate bustled in, the nurse from before following quietly.

"I'm here to check you!"

"Get this baby out of me!" Molly snarled.

Kate's eyes widened with humour. "Now, we need to calm down and I need you on your back for me, okay?"

Molly huffed but complied, rolling over with a wince. Kate bent down, checking her progress before pulling away with a grin.

"As soon as you feel ready, we are good to go!" Kate beamed, causing Molly to sigh with relief. "Are we still wanting to do your original birth plan?"