Wattpad Original
There are 18 more free parts

alone

adjective ~ having no one else present

TW: violence

I weakly gasped for breath as the room fell into a deathly silence. The fighting died off, wolves and fangs stood at a stand off from each other. They were all waiting to see what would happen, which leader was to die.

Finally, Phoenix's eyes met mine, and the dark intensity had my heart aching. Although he had a terrifying mask upon his skin, the pain in his eyes was hard to mistake. No amount of scowling was going to hide that from me. I weakly reached for his wolf, finding Ares in a turmoil of anger and pain.

Another tight squeeze in my lungs caused me to break eye contact, my gaze spinning to Gaia. She was standing on her feet, an expression of indifference. pulse pounded in my ears, a heavy pounding in my throat. I swallowed down the lump in my throat, begging to breathe freely.

Internally, I begged Gaia to look at me, hoping she would turn. I hoped that whatever witch sense she had would listen and she would look at me. Her jaw tensed and her brows deepened, but she never looked away from Angela.

It had only been a few seconds before the back door creaked open again. Angela grumbled beneath Phoenix, who still held her pinned to the floor. Her palms rippled with electricity, and Phoenix noticed, slamming her face into the concrete floor. She wailed in pain and the restraints tightened on me until they pulled my neck upward.

Ever so slowly, the small, limping figure of my twin walked out of the back door. I almost cried with relief, glad to see him alive. Everything had happened so quickly. I wasn't sure where he would be and if he was okay. He came stumbling out of the room, catching himself on Charlie's hind. The wolf whined, nudging my twin away, but Pollux persevered.

Upon closer inspection, I could see the extent of his injuries. He had dried blood covering the back of his head and side of his neck, fresh dripping from a temple injury. His skin was paler than normal, his hair so dark with blood it would be hard to tell it was him. But that spark in his eye seemed to have died a little, the bright green dull with pain.

Pollux kept on coming, and I noticed Gaia watching his every move. I inhaled deeply, taking in the scents of the room. Pollux, despite being covered in blood and urine, smelt of my mate, and Phoenix had the hint of Pollux. Upon further inspection, I realised they had shared blood to heal, and felt my chest swell with hope that they worked together. Phoenix was fuzzy with sharing his blood, only ever wanting me to have it, so this was a big thing.

"Stay back." Phoenix warned. "You don't want to get in the middle of a standoff."

Pollux, deathly ill, scoffed. "Like I would stay out of anything."

Phoenix scowled at him before shifting his gaze back to the writhing witch beneath him. Blood was coming from a slight cut to her forehead, and she was desperately trying to escape his hold.

Pollux stopped before Phoenix, patting him on the shoulder before having to leap away with the blind witch swiped for him.

"Filthy mutt, we should have killed you when you were a pup." Angela sneered.

Phoenix growled, slamming her head into the floor again. Pollux smirked, satisfied, as her head cracked onto the ground and she screamed in pain. I had to swallow and look away, not into the gory shit that my mate's beast loved.

Instead, I found Gaia. She was in the same stance, but I could tell she was withering. She was staring at my brother with a pained expression. The shake of her hands was slight.

"It would've made a lot more sense." Pollux nodded, shrugging. "Easier to kill a child than an adult who can fight."

Gaia's expression wavered when Pollux settled his eyes on her. Angela grunted, mumbling something about being cursed by the gods.