Wattpad Original
There are 31 more free parts

wreckage

noun ~ the remains of something that has been destroyed

If it wasn't for Sean holding me upright, I was sure that I would fall into insanity.

"How could he be missing?"

"His scent is gone. There is no evidence of him even being here." He shook his head.

"How long since we crashed?"

"About ten minutes." He frowned. "Enough time for bodies to go missing."

"I felt him holding me." My lower lip quivered. "He was right there and then he was gone!"

"He never hit the ground. His scent doesn't cover any land here." Sean continued.

Untying my seatbelt, I staggered, trying to stand. I would not listen, wanting nothing more than to look around. A desperation burned within me, one that had me begging to find him. Sean steadied me, my legs shaking and arms gripping onto him for dear life as I collapsed onto my knees.

"Where's... Where's everyone else?" I squinted through the burning carcass of the plane.

Somehow, the seat I was strapped into landed far enough away from the wreckage that I wasn't hurt.

"I don't know. I've not had the chance to look properly." He shook his head. "I only know Pollux and Phoenix are gone because he assigned me to look after him, and the mind link is gone."

A pain ached in my shoulder and with alarm I glanced down at what was causing it. I was bleeding, a hole in the few layers I still wore. I tried to stand again, but my foot gave way, a sharp, blinding pain that had me gritting my teeth.

"What hurts? Tell me." Sean demanded.

I groaned, opening my eyes to stare into his worried ones. "My ankle... my arm..."

He forced me to show him, wincing when my blood coated his fingers. I took the chance to observe him, making sure he was okay. Blood coated him, but he appeared to have no visible gashes or cuts. That meant whatever injury he had had healed within the minutes of us all being unconscious.

"There's something in your shoulder..." He murmured. "Looks like a piece of shrapnel... Your leg is broken though. I don't think you will be able to walk on it."

I groaned. "How, out of all of this, have I broken my leg?"

He smiled, but it didn't reach his eyes. "Come on, I'll help you stand. We will look together."

I sighed, taking his offering and leaning my weight onto him. His arm wrapped around my waist, the other securing my arm at his shoulder as we limped around the debris. My eyes travelled along the burning metal, locking onto the shattered windows of the cockpit.

"Sean... are they...?"

"The pilots and Arthur are gone." He sighed. "It looks like they hit the ground first."

A cruel shudder ran down my spine as we turned away from the wreckage. Scanning the wreckage, a small cry of pain met my ears and my eyes spun in the direction it came from. It was one of my guards, James, I believe, and he seemed fine if not a little shocked. He had been one of the ones to stay behind me before the crash, Kelsey being the other.

After making sure he was okay and away from the fire, Sean returned to me and we continued to look. If this was the back of the plane, then surely the middle, and where I was sitting, would be nearby... Celimene was stronger than ever, coming forward to help aid me.

'It's going to be okay, Nova.' She whimpered, her heart aching with the sorrow I felt.

"Nova..."

I pulled Sean to a stop, testing my ears. There were a few faint heartbeats, but I recognised that voice. Putting his scent to memory, I scanned the soil-ridden wreckage nearby. It was to the right of me... Over there!