Wattpad Original
There are 75 more free parts

dungeon

noun ~ a strong, underground prison cell

"This is some mission impossible shit," Pollux muttered.

Charlie snorted and nodded his head, grabbing a flashlight from a hidden compartment above the frame of the entryway. Taking the first step, he paused before grabbing my arm and pulling me close to him.

"Stay in front of me where I can see you." He murmured, his hand holding me tightly.

I nodded quietly, carefully walking down the creaking stairs with Charlie hot on my heels. I heard Pollux snort a complaint about being the first to die but I ignored him. These stairs were narrow and the last thing I wanted to do was slip and fall.

Turning the flashlight on, we hit the bottom steps. Charlie leaned around me to press something on the wall, his woodsy scent running along my cheek. The door behind us groaned before sliding and clicking shut, plunging us into darkness. As soon as that happened, there was a faint clicking as small spotlights turned on down the hallway. It wasn't enough to see very well, so I was grateful he brought the flashlight.

"You hold it, you're in front." He murmured.

I nodded and took the first step down the narrow corridor. A strange feeling overcame me the further into the dungeon we walked, like a pit of dread in my stomach that grew with every step. The path slowly declined, taking us further underground and towards the feeling of doom.

My skin prickled with unease, goosebumps rising on my body as the air grew colder. Coming to a stop at the gate, Charlie punched in a code before pressing his thumb to a pad. The metal clicked and creaked as he leaned around me to push it open and I stepped through with a nervous thanks.

"They're silver, don't touch them unless they're unlocked." He commented.

At least Phoenix didn't destroy the gates on his way down here...

This continued for four more gates until the scenery started to change. Instead of cold, narrow and dark hallways, they widened, and the strange unease grew stronger. Anxiety twisted my stomach, my chest aching with every breath as we stopped at another gate. This one was lit differently, instead of small spotlights, it had a single bulb hanging from the ceiling.

Doing the same as previous, Charlie let out a loud breath as we stepped through, Pollux pulling the door shut behind him. Charlie watched him handle the bare silver with a quirked eyebrow but didn't comment on it. The situation had become serious for him if he wasn't passing sly comments.

Moving on, the growing smell of the dark hallways made my stomach hurl. Blood, sweat, urine and faeces... all of it mixed was like something out of the worst pregnancy nightmare. The halls were dimly lit still, a bare light bulb hung from the ceiling every five or so metres, along with a stereotypical drip of water coming from somewhere in the distance.

With every drip and every step, it felt like a small stone was being dropped into my stomach. I hurried down the hall, my shirt to my nose to help prevent some of the smell from reaching me. It didn't really work, but I tried to ignore that and used it for my own benefit. The cold bit my skin, causing me to curl further into Charlie's heat as he kept pace with me.

"I don't like this," I whispered as we rounded a corner.

Up ahead was a large silver door. This one was not barred like the previous gates, just pure solid metal.

"Don't touch this one, it's electric too. Will zap you on your ass." He murmured. "I can turn that off, but these doors are lethal pure silver."

"Sounds like you speak from experience," Pollux commented.