Wattpad Original
There are 65 more free parts

BONUS ~ familial

Pollux

Waking up in the morning, I felt disgruntled.

I hadn't slept very well. Something within me, in the far corners of my mind, was poking at me. I didn't know what it was, but my mind was telling me to do something, to go somewhere, only I didn't know where.

Perhaps I should seek out Gaia, she tends to calm the storm within quite easily.

With a sigh, I trudged into the bathroom and climbed into the shower. It was strange, belonging to a pack. I had a nice room, got to decorate how I wanted, and I had a three-piece suite. Sure, there was no bath, but I hated them anyway. I couldn't stand becoming a prune and bathing in your own filth.

A shiver rolled down my spine at the thought and I hastily washed my body before securing a robe around my body to dry. Brushing my hair, I ran oil through the ends before drying it with the hair dryer. Growing up with women, you learned a few haircare tips. The oil was the only thing I truly stuck by.

Pulling on a shirt and jeans, yet another thing I had to be thankful for, I slid some shoes on and made my way down the stairs. I could feel Nova's hyper elation today, and it had me curious as to why she was suddenly so...ecstatic.

My hair whirred wildly and the smell of bacon and French toast hit my nose. Tapping into the kitchen, I knew that's where the bubbling energy of Nova was coming from.

A wild blur of orange hair swept by me and I paused in my descendant of the stairs as Aldren turned the corner.

"Cousin." He smiled. "Good morning."

"Morning." I muttered.

"Not feeling it today?" He wondered.

I sighed, continuing my way to the kitchen. "Just need some energy."

Stepping into the kitchen with Aldren in tow, I was surprised to find Nova cooking and Phoenix sat on a bar stool.

"Morning!" She grinned.

I quirked an eyebrow at her eagerness. "Since when were you so happy in the morning?"

She shrugged, a lazy smile on her face. "Today feels good."

I can tell... I thought, causing my wolf to bark a laugh of agreement.

Humming, I remained silent as I walked over to the coffee machine for a latte. No tea today, I needed a dose of caffeine to stay awake. Especially, if I was going to have to deal with hyper Nova all day. Going by Phoenix's calmer aura, he was happy with her attitude.

We had grown closer since Nova was taken, forming a strange brotherly bond that I kind of... enjoyed. He was turning soft, and it was seen in the way he treats my sister and his pack. Everyone was less on edge, everyone trained less harshly... He was going soft for sure.

"Help yourself." Nova interrupted my thoughts. "I made plenty."

I shook my head, wanting my coffee before I even think about food. Morning Pollux was not a happy Pollux. Aldren wasted no time in scooping up a plateful of toast and bacon, chomping loudly as he came to stand beside me.

I held my mug in my hand, scowling at the wild haired man as he offered me the food. His eyes narrowed, a sense of agitation crossing his mind as he pushed it closer to me. I glared at him, shaking my head once more and he dropped it with a shrug of his shoulders.

Damn man kept trying to feed me like a pet.

Swallowing the toast, he cleared his throat. "So, five days until Christmas. Doing anything special? Do werewolves celebrate?"