Wattpad Original
There is 1 more free part

birthday

noun ~ the anniversary on which a person was born

**Sexual content**

"Good morning, birthday girl."

I growled, rolling to the opposing side of the bed. "Go away."

"It's your birthday. Don't you want your gifts?"

"No, I want bed." I pouted, snuggling into the pillows.

"Oh well, I guess I shall get changed then..."

Get changed? Huh?

Curiosity was in death's favour today, so I peeked one eye open to see what he was talking about. He wasn't nearby, and going by the direction of his voice, he was behind me. With a begrudging sigh, I rolled over, only to pause half way when my eyes caught sight of my mate.

Laughter tumbled from my mouth. "Wait, wait, wait... What... what-what is..."

Phoenix narrowed his eyes, resting his hands on his bare hips.

Take note, I said bare.

"This is your first gift."

I eyed his naked body with a grin. "It is?"

"Yep." He nodded, making the bow on his head jingle.

"Is there a bell on that bow?" I chewed my lip to fight my laughter.

"Charlie made me wear it." He rolled his eyes, crossing his arms.

A large belly laugh escaped me when he turned around to show me his bare rear.

Phoenix was naked. That much was obvious. But there was a red ribbon tied around the width of his waist, which I now saw was attached to a pretty red bow sitting in the small of his back. That too jingled. I would've thought the bow would sit on his groin, but nope, it was on his ass. Much like the one that was tied around his head like a bandana.

"How did you-What even-I cannot-

My words died off of my tongue as I spiralled into laughter. My stomach hurt from laughter, eyes burning with tears of delight. I tossed and turned on the bed, unable to control the giggle fits.

Phoenix remained a stoic, blurry mess at the side of the bed until my first bout of laughter fizzled away to happy sighs.

"Are you finished?"

"I don't know. I fear if I look at you, it may start again." I snorted, wiping my eyes.

"Well, I am glad you are having so much fun." He sarcastically muttered.

I sighed a laugh, shaking my head as I rose to sit on the bed. "So... Obviously, you are my gift, and you are very naked, but I am a little lost to what the purpose is."

I grinned, trying to keep my eyes locked on his face so the bows wouldn't distract me. Phoenix noticed, crossing his arms and smirking at me. My lips sucked into my mouth as I held my breath and his gaze.

"Something the matter, my love?" He wondered, cocking his head.

A laugh threatened to break free as I shook my head.

"No? Nothing?" He teased.

Just when I thought things couldn't get worse, he had to shake his head. The bell jingled, and that was it. I was a hot, tearful mess of giggles once more.

Only when my stomach started to hurt, did I force myself to stop. I groaned as it turned into another Braxton hick, cursing out loud.

"Nova?" Phoenix called, climbing onto the bed.