Wattpad Original
There are 20 more free parts

lost

verb ~ be deprived of or cease to have or retain something

Silence.

So quiet a pin could drop and be heard next door.

But it never lasted long, did it? The quiet, the peace, the gobsmacked expressions.

"What are you talking about?" Angela spat.

My anger flared, my hormones about to drive me to the brink of insanity.

I narrowed my eyes. "You love to play games, Angela. Don't fucking play them with me because I have had it! I am done playing and being messed around my whole damn life."

The two witches hissed, dark eyes flashing to the slowly wakening witch on the floor. I knew my assumptions and guesses were right in how the three of them were related. I remember Gaia once saying how Angela taught her everything she knew, and it must've been through her childhood. The more I dug into my memories, the more certain things sounded bizarre now.

I would not be surprised if there were still people watching you in your home. Cors had said. He had given me a clue and so had Gaia, many times.

I have been living in your pack for around ten years now.

Gaia had given me the perfect piece of information. She had been in Phoenix's pack not long since he became Alpha, a perfect time to weasel your way into someone's life. Pollux was old enough to look after himself, having left fairly early. It just made me wonder; did she curse him too? He doted on the old woman, and despite her strange ways, I felt nothing bad from Gaia.

Could someone truly change who they were?

My eyes travelled to Cors, finding him staring down at the groaning witch with desperation. He resulted from how change can affect you. So why couldn't Gaia? She never seemed happy when she spoke of her mother, and it would explain why both of her kids, Angela's grandkids, turned to the dark magic when it was so deep in their veins.

Raven. She tried, she truly did, but she was so easily manipulated. She lost her father to her brother's hand and then the same brother comes and manipulates her to capture me. Perhaps she thought it would bring them back together? Perhaps her own scars never truly healed. She was just as lost as her mother.

I cleared my throat, trying to ignore the aching of my injured ankle as I faced Angela again.

"What is it going to be?" I wondered.

"You won't hurt her. You are too soft."

I hummed. "That is true. Gaia has a place in my pack that is hard to snuff out, she is so valuable."

The witch in conversation pulled herself up to her knees, her eyes teary as she stared at me. My heart ached for her, guilty that I had caused her pain. I was too empathetic. I couldn't let Angela see. She already knew I would not hurt her. My hand twitched, fingers curling and beckoning my best wolf over.

"But that doesn't mean someone else will be happy to do it for me."

Charlie's wolf breathed heavy down my neck, his dark brown fur brushing across my coat.

"He's already done this to her, one more, and she's gone."

"You're bluffing!" Esmerelda spat.

She marched across the room; the shadows seeming to ripple around and follow her. It caused an uneasiness to come to mind, watching as the room shifted with her movements.

Instead, I quirked an eyebrow. "Want to test that?"

The two shared a look.

"You are so confident you can defeat us. I would like to see you try, wolf girl." She snickered.