CHAPTER 3 / REAL ANSWERS

Explicites - Mild Coarse Language
ZANE'S P.O.V.

"She's coming," I said, sitting next to Nana on the couch. 

She crossed her arms over her chest, "Fine." 

I grabbed the remote and flicked through the channels, "Valerian And The City Of A Thousand Planets?" I suggested.

Nana made a face, "That's a long name."

I shrugged, "Maybe, but it's a really good movie."

"If you say so, what is it? A sci-fi movie?" she asked.

"Yeah, then it starts with some aliens who lose their planet, then it goes to the humans, Laureline and Valerian," I explained.

"Alright, play it." 

[2 HOUR TIME-SKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY HALSEY]

BECA'S P.O.V.

"Alright, Zenix you go to Sasha and Gene's place, I'll be at Zane's if you need me." I told him, dropping him off outside the Shadow Knight's place as we call it. 

"Mm-kay, you think you'll be all right, Beca?" he asked.

I smiled, "I'll be fine. Enjoy yourself." I said, shoving him out of the car playfully. 

Once I was sure Zenix had gone into the house, (and waved by Sasha and Gene at the door), I drove over to Zane and Nana's, preparing my voice for the long story to be told. 

I parked in the driveway and quickly walked towards the door, ringing the doorbell. The door silently swung open, and I was practically pushed inside. 

"I need answers," Nana said, sitting on the armchair across from me. 

My eyes widened, while turning to Zane. "Is she okay?" I mouthed. My twin brother bit the fingernail of his thumb, and shook his head. 

"Do you want the full answer, or the one that cuts straight to the point?" I asked. 

"Cut to the point," Nana said, clearly irritated. 

"Mm-kay..." I said, [MY HEART RN <333] smiling while biting my bottom lip, hard enough to hurt and draw a trickle of blood. Zane also smiled, (still having his ears out) circling the front of his teeth with his tongue nervously. I concentrated and pulled out my own meif~wa ears. 

"Oh fricking heck!" Nana exclaimed, almost falling out of her seat. [*gasp* LANGUAGE!]

I smiled, "See what I was saying? I cut to the chase. I'm a meif~wa too."

"I-I haven't seen you like that for a while, Beca," Zane said, also smiling.

"Aww, it's good to see you like this too."

"Hey, uhm, Beca, Zane, you mind, explaining this?" Nana asked, biting her nails.

"You want the full explanation this time?" I questioned. 

"Yup!" she squeaked.

"Well, this story was set three months after the testing of the forever potions, with Katelyn, Garroth, Aphmau, Aaron and Travis. But, they had moved onto a new project... Nana, the project was... with you..." Beca began.  Nana's eyes widened, then she looked at Zane who sat on the armchair beside her. "Let me continue, they were testing your blood, to see if they could remove your curse that one day, which was proving to be unsuccessful. As they thought they were getting somewhere, dad had brought Zane and I to the work-space so mum could have the day to herself, while Vylad and Garroth were out with our grandmother for the day, but there wasn't enough seats for the two of us... so we went with dad. Anyway, dad kept us occupied with colouring pages he'd brought, but I remember getting bored, so we took a look around the lab. Zane, do you want to take over for the next part?"

"Gladly. So, we were looking around the lab, finding Zach, Michael, Elizabeth, Mamoru, Derek and Dad crowding around something, some with blood tests, the others crowded some sort of bed, a bed where Nana was hooked up to, most likely unconscious. So, to get a better look, we climbed the stools and the lab counters, knocking over many potion ingredients on the floor in the process. Then, Michael saw us, and everyone else saw us, Michael grabbed the nearest potion..."

"Then, threw it on us. Dad ran over to the two of us, and was included in the impact. That night, when we came back home, we were drawing fevers of 40 degrees Celsius, and vomiting - dad included, we were taken to the hospital, but the fevers kept coming and going. We were sent home that week, then to Derek's hideout, down in the mountains, just in case. The last week was the worst, when we began getting our meif~wa features, my blonde meif~wa ears and tail, then Zane's raven ears, Dad had gotten ones like my own. One morning, we just woke up, completely fine. And that was that! A meif~wa potion, that's all it was! Is that enough?" I explained, Nana now with her hands in her head, leaning forward over the armchair. "A-Are you all right?" I asked her, sitting in front of her, despite being three months pregnant. 

"This is my fault," she mumbled.

"How is this your fault?" Zane asked, I nodded in agreement. 

"It's my fault, isn't it? I'm the reason you got turned. That potion was probably made from my blood, to change humans into meif~was..." 

"Was it?" I asked blankly. 

"I-I just feel the weight on my shoulders! And I hate it!" Nana exclaimed. 

"Hey... Nana... it's all right. Zane and I have gotten used to our ears and tail. It's unlikely the artificial gene will run through our children, even if that's the case, we'll work through it. Nana, it's a part of us now," I told her, now standing up. "You know what makes me feel better when I'm down?" I asked, prompting my best friend and twin brother for an answer. 

"No, what?" Zane asked.

"Watching an amazing Avenger or Alice In Wonderland movie!" I exclaimed, while the other two rolled their eyes. "WHAT!?" I protested, placing my hands on my hips, "I've been at work all day, I've had six college boys hit on me today alone, and when I finally get back home, Zane makes me come here! Can't we at least do something, right here, right now?" I asked.

Nana shrugged, Zane nodded in agreement, "Fine," she said. 

"Yes!" I clenched my fist happily and immediately found a spot on the couch to sit and watch the movie. "Let's watch Age Of Ultron!" I exclaimed. 

"Yeah, yeah, fine," Zane sighed. 

"Nana, do you like that movie?" I asked, grabbing a throw-pillow and hugging it to my chest. 

"Is that the one with the Maximoff twins? The one where Pietro dies?" she questioned, picking her puppy from the floor. 

I sighed, "Yup, that one. At least that one no-one really dies, the last two was... well, heartbreaking. Hey Nana, if you were an Avenger, who'd you be?" I asked, changing the subject. 

"Maybe Scarlet Witch or Captain Marvel."

"You know who'd I be?"

"No, who?"

"I'd most likely be Scarlet Witch, first of all, she's a twin, second of all, she has an amazing power, third of all, her love life is great, and finally, I mean the name 'Scarlet Witch' is so creative.  Oh and did I mention she can practically fly!?" I explained, leaning back into the couch. 

"Looks like you have the Scarlet Witch all figured out, don't you sis?" Zane asked.

"Yep! So, are you going to play this movie or not?" 

Word Count: 1198