CHAPTER 13 / VALOUR

Nana woke up to the glare of the rising sun in her eyes, and the wet lick on her cheek, belonging to Twilight. 

"Zane. Zane!" She whispered, rubbing her boyfriend's shoulder in a circular motion.

"Mm? What? I need to sleep," he mumbled, blanketing the sheets onto his shoulders. Nana growled at the back of her throat and crossed her arms over her chest. 

Twilight jumped over from the meif~wa's lap and onto Zane, jerking up him from his slumber in an instant. 

"Morning," She teased, "Enjoy your sleep?" 

"Very much so, until you two decided it was okay to wake me up. What happened to be so incredibly important that you disturbed me for it?" 

"Today's for our first day! I heard there's a water park we can check out," Nana said, lying on Zane's lap. 

"There's a lot of things we need to check out," He corrected, twirling a strand of Nana's hair around his fingers. 

"I know. Why don't we get dressed and head over to the bakery we saw on the way here for breakfast?" She suggested.

"Fine, as long as neither you or Aphmau drown from the water slides or rides, and leave me along while you get ready." 

"Great! I'm going to have a shower first, than you can. All right?"

"Sounds good. Then I can try to sleep some more," he replied, patting Twilight on the head and pulling back the covers back over himself. Nana almost leaped off the bed and opened her suitcase, grabbing her swimmers, toiletries, towel, shoes and dress that she'd decided for the summer. 

After her shower, Nana blow-dried and pulled up her hair up in a small half-up half-down braid, pinning an artificial rose clip at the right side of her ear instead of her usual bow. Then, she put on her off-shoulder black and pink floral swimsuit and covered it over with a simple white dress and mid-blue denim jacket. 

She slipped on her ballet flats and left the bathroom, finding Zane sitting on the edge of a freshly made bed, who was on his phone. 

"Your turn," she said, giving him a sweet caress on his dickered lips before leading Twilight downstairs, where she was greeted with a warming sight. 

She found Katelyn, Travis, Garroth, Laurance, Dante, Remmi and Aphmau already downstairs; either preparing brekkie or flicking through the channels on the unfamiliar TV. 

"Morning," she said, walking into the kitchen. "What smells so good?"

Remmi grinned, "Pikelets."

Nana, not only smiled at the glimpse of the food, but also at her little sister's summer attire. 

Remmi was wearing a light teal top with a sweetheart neckline and a centralised bow, denim shorts, black flats and a kawaii blue hoodie around her waist. She'd done up her hair similar to Nana's and had a white bow on the left side of her head.

"Morning Nana," Katelyn welcomed from the bar-stool, removing one of her earbuds. Everyone, (with the exception of Dante) had already showered and dressed for the upcoming vacation. 

Aphmau had an off shoulder pink crop-top with dirty blue swimming shorts, that were covered with denim shorts, and like Remmi she had a baby pink hoodie wrapped around her waist. Her long, raven hair was divided into two braided ponytails, weaved in with purple flowers, her purple werewolf ears and tail also made their appearance for the girl. 

And like Nana she had black ballet flats on her petite feet.

Meanwhile, Katelyn had on her swimmers underneath her normal clothes. Her swimming costume was a mild blue crop top, with vertically striped brief bottoms, interpreting the colours of blue, white, grey and pink.
Over her bathers, she had a pink v-neck top with a front tie, black bike tights on her legs and black high-top all-star converse on her feet. Her shortly cut hair had a small braid that came to the middle-back of her head.