CHAPTER 78 / THE PROPOSAL PROPOSAL

A few weeks later, approaching Thanksgiving, Laurance, Lucinda, Garroth and Kim went out on a formal double date. The boys had worn their black suits, as Lucinda had on a sexy, short black dress, while Kim had a beautiful, flowing off-the-shoulder light blue dress. 

The boys knew that one screw-up or wrong word could ruin their entire date.

Garroth and Laurance had been best friends since high school and they had done everything together. So, they decided to take the next step with their girlfriends and they would do it together. 

After a comfortable, yet classy, dinner at the finest restaurant in town, they went out on a night-light walk through Phoenix Drop. Soon, they came up to the lighthouse on the edge of the coast where the rocks were, that overlooked the beach and shore below.

Garroth and Laurance silently communicated through vague looks, then separately enjoyed the view with their girlfriend. 

"I've never been able to see this place from this perspective! It's wonderful!" Kim marvelled with Garroth's arms snaked around her waist. 

"I haven't been here before, either," He confessed.

Kim turned to face him and tilted her head. "You're not serious, right? I could have sworn that you've gone through every corner of this town," She replied, furrowing her brow. 

"Well, I was waiting for the right person to share the view with," he said, giving a soft smile to Kim. Kim breathed in the clear air and took hold of Garroth's hand with hers.

"Which view do you like better, then? Me or the ocean?" Lucinda asked with a smug grin toward her boyfriend. 

"I don't know, the waves look dangerous tonight," He answered, jokingly glancing away from her toward the ocean as if he were to check it out. 

"What's more beautiful, me or the ocean?" Lucinda asked, enjoying putting Laurance on the spot. 

"You. Always you, Lucinda," he chastised, kissing her as Lucinda took hold of his cheeks and the back of his head to deepen the kiss. "So, I was wondering to ask you..." Laurance began, breaking off the kiss as Lucinda's tongue beckoned for an entrance. He pulled something from his coat pocket. 

From across the balcony, Garroth saw Laurance getting ready, so he did the same. He felt nervous. What was he going to say? How was he going to handle it? 

"Kim, I, uh, I have a question," Garroth said.

They both dropped down to one knee and opened the box that crowned an engagement ring in each box. 

Ghost decided that this was the best time to leave Kim's body for the moment and lingered behind her. Kim gasped as the wandering spirit escaped the host of her body and felt as if she hadn't in years. She felt free. 

"Kim, the love of my light, my light through the darkness, my lifeline always and forever..."

"Lucinda, you're the fiery spirit to my life. The girl I've wanted to be with since we first moved on Mystreet and well before that..."

"The smartest girl in the entire school that I had had my image on since high school-"

"The one who knows exactly the man I want to be."

"The one who knows when something's up, the woman that can see through me, that can read my emotions like an open book. Around you, I feel excited but terrified at the same time, when I look into your eyes, day after day, I can't explain it-"

"You're who I want at the end of the day. I want to watch you each morning when you wake up and watch you fall asleep for the rest of my life, Lucinda."

"I love you more than I can imagine, Kim, there's nothing I wouldn't do for you."

"Will you marry me?" Kim and Lucinda didn't respond for a moment. Kim was crying as Lucinda had been caught off guard. The brunette girl had her hands subconsciously wiping her tears as they fell, catching her breath. The redhead had the urge to almost exclaim slowly. 

Garroth and Laurance waited in agony.

"Yes, of course, I'll marry you!"

Lucinda changed her mind. 

"Yes. You don't need to ask me twice." 

Rings were slid into the girls' fourth finger and they kissed. By the time they had noticed one another, they didn't know whether or not to be excited and happy or disappointed and betrayed. 

"You two did it together?" Kim asked as she looked between the two of them.

"That was cute. It was perfect," Lucinda finished and received a nod from Kim. 

Garroth and Laurance's sighed in relief. "Want to have a celebratory drink?" Garroth suggested. 

The quartet agreed. On their way there, Laurance thought it was an appropriate time to rat out his best friend. "I couldn't hear you that well, but I'm pretty sure there was a reference to Spider-ManTM." 

Garroth made a face. "Shut up, I panicked and improvised. Plus, you used the One Direction song. And don't you think I already knew that?" 

proud of me?