CHAPTER 24 / THE KEG FRIDGE

IN WHICH, THE GUYS ATTEMPT TO MAKE A WORKING GIN STILL MECHANISM, BUT INSTEAD CREATE A KEG FRIDGE FOR THEIR HOMEMADE BEER.

"Let's make a keg fridge," Travis said, breaking the silence in the entertainment centre, where the guys were left alone, since the girls had organised themselves a full-on day on the main floor. Which involved kicking the guys out to their own activities; unfortunately meant leaving them in silence on their phones. 

The modernised basement, was left alone for the guys who were vividly accompanied by their mobile phones. 

"What's a keg fridge?" Vylad questioned, locking off his device, placing it beside him. 

"What's wrong with a keg?" The white haired man asked.

"You might as well say we should open a bar to sell the alcohol," Dante satirically remarked, hanging upside down on the couch, looking towards his best friend. 

"I second that," Laurance piped in. 

"Hey, at least I didn't say, 'Why don't we make a still like they do in M*A*S*H from surgical tubes and masking tape!'" Travis sarcastically replied, with his hands on his hips. 

"No, I agree with Travis. We need a project to keep us occupied besides our phones and the company of the girls," Aaron cut in. 

Garroth dramatically gasped, holding his phone close to his chest as Dante staggered back. 

"WHAT?" The dark blue haired guy exclaimed.

"Ssh! Not so loud!" Kasey announced, "the girls are literally upstairs. We wouldn't want the girls to think that we're doing something wrong which would lead them to attack us for not getting along," he said, sheltering his book over his head like a hat.

"Have you met them? They're terrifying when they wanna be," Zane added.

"So, keg fridge? You in?" Travis asked hopefully, receiving sighs from a majority of the group.

Aaron half-smiled and headed upstairs to where Garroth and Laurance had said to find the appliance shop.

Kasey, Travis and Garroth followed along, which resulted them finding a keg fridge to rent during the rest of the summer. 

Without drawing attention to the girls and help additional help of a trolley, they managed to bring in the keg and wheeled it downstairs. 

~

"Now what?" Garroth asked, looking up the ingredients and recipe.

"There's youtube videos," Kasey replied, showing the group his phone. 

"It says our is a 'kegorator' a fridge with a keg. The keg is the ginormous cylinder thing where you brew the beer. Then there's multiple hoses that connect to the tap, that's where the pre-made beer comes out of... did we get the CO2 tank?" Vylad listed, looking up from his phone. 

"Yep, we found it," Laurance said, giving the thin tank a gentle pat. 

"We need to connect the CO2 to the keg with the CO2 line, then watch the regulator... um... we have to rinse it out with water first," Dante explained the instructions written on his phone, obviously everyone had different examples to how the keg was supposed to be brewed.

"So we sanitise it, mix the ingredients, then what?" Garroth asked.

"It needs to sit at -2°C and 3°C, for six to fourteen days before we can drink it," Laurance replied. 

"Not that long," Dante complained.

"Wouldn't it freeze?" Garroth asked again. 

"Alcohol doesn't freeze you doofus," Travis said picking up the CO2 tank. 

"No! Travis don't!" they yelled, as Aaron carefully took it from him and placed it back down. 

"CO2 can explore if you're not careful!" Dante exclaimed.

"Now who's the doofus?" Garroth teased with a sly grin on his face. 

my dad actually has a keg fridge that he's going to make, the keg is actually coming on friday i think? tomorrow? this one took a whole lotta research so i hope you enjoyed it. :)