CHAPTER 65 / DANCING SHARKS

Ever seen the trends? Here they are, peeps! 

Have you ever streamed YouTube shorts for countless hours and come across the trends and pranks where people would set up a speaker and play the beginning of Die Young by Kesha? They would play the beginning of the song and bang on the doors to get their attention. I'm one of them some guy was dragged into the room... 

Maybe that one wasn't so funny for that guy, but hilarious for everyone else. 

Remmi and Kasey thought so too, so, they did it. 

Some of their roommates knew or had heard of the trend, so they must've known what to expect. Remmi and Kasey made sure Vylad would come along to their campaign whether he liked it or not. Realistically, he didn't have much of a choice. 

Remmi connected a Bluetooth JBL speaker and played the song. Vylad filmed them for the YouTube channel. 

I hear your heart beat to the beat of the drums. 

As they were about to bang on the door, Cadenza opened it and scared them away. Luckily, it wasn't Lucinda. She's worse when she's in a bad mood. 

Next, they tried with Nana and Zane. Nana chased them away with her fangs like a pissed cat, which she was. 

They'd considered doing the prank on Katelyn and Travis, but, they knew she would send them pleading for sanity and forgiveness afterwards, alternatively they chose Aphmau. 

'Beat to the beat of the drums' Right at the last second eye opened the door and gave them a 'what are you doing look. 

"Do you have any shark costumes?" Remmi asked as Kasey shut off the speaker. Her priceless look changed to a 'wtf' reaction. 

"Why would you need shark costumes?" Aph exclaimed, crossing her arms over her chest. 

"We're recreating trends," Vylad spoke, turning off the camera and folding down the tripod. 

"Okay, but, no, I don't. The two-dollar shop might have some, I guess," Aphmau said before closing her door with a slam. With a grin, Kasey banged it to finish the performance. 

"At least we got something out of that one," Vylad said with a shrug. 

"Ready for the last one?" Remmi asked with a smirk. 

The last one consisted of placing the speaker in the middle of a hallway and playing the song as loud as humanely possible. It was after dinner and almost everyone had retreated to their rooms. 

Vylad set up the tripod at the end of the hallway just as he hid in his room, pressing 'record'. 

As if they all expected what was to happen, doors opened as the song started, and laughter erupted from the residents at the scene, maybe it was the best one yet. 

Yet, the next morning blue shark costumes were left outside their bedroom doors with a note. They were told to dress into the costume and meet downstairs at five PM once they heard California Gurls playing on a speaker. 

Even the pranking, mischief trio contributed, with their shark onesies, joining in with the song. Surprisingly, they all showed up bouncing down the stairs as sharks - three tripods had been prepared to film from different angles. 

They were vaguely choreographed to dance, to bounce and roll their shark arms in the costumes. Surely, it wasn't normal, but hey, eighteen dancing sharks, what could have been more fun?

Once they were finished, they began freestyling and taking off their hoods, cheering and dancing. 

Randomly, the toaster also decided now was the perfect time to explode in the kitchen. Sharks armed with fire extinguishers ran and put out the suicidal toaster. 

In the end, it was fun.