CHAPTER 26 / STRAWBERRIES

The next day it was decided that everyone would discover the hidden strawberry farm in Kawaminami. In total, the farm was ten hectares, or thirty acres, which is actually small for an average farm. 

In pairs, the group scattered across the field; Nana and Zane, Aphmau and Aaron, Katelyn and Travis, Kasey and Remmi, Laurance and Lucinda, Vylad and Tatiana, Kim and Garroth, which left Cadenza to pair with Dante. 

With the exception of Nana, Zane, Kasey and Aaron, everyone seemed to be magnetically drawn to the ripe, unpicked strawberries hanging from the bush's vines.

They all managed to fill their baskets but ate double the amount they'd collected. 

Dante and Cadenza had gotten into an argument that ended with each other smushing strawberries at each other's faces, their hands then leading onto their jaw, causing an unanticipated kiss between the two. 

Which, unfortunately, or fortunately, however you feel about it, caused a heated make-out session amongst the strawberries.

Laurance and Lucinda stumbled across the sight. Laurance was absolutely furious that his sister had hooked up with the most hopeless casanova on the street that couldn't pay a girl with proper respect, even if his life depended on it. 

Lucinda abruptly stopped him before he wrecked anything between Cadenza and Dante, leading herself and the brunette in the opposite direction. 

Nana and Zane had chosen to be sensible, they tested two strawberries each so they couldn't get sick of them before they ate them later that night, dipped in melted Cadbury chocolate. 

Garroth and Kim were left hand-in-hand, picking beautiful strawberries as they went. 

Tatiana and Aph seemed to have the time of their lives, running from bush to bush to the next, trying each and every berry. Aaron and Vylad slowly followed along, watching their wife/girlfriend stuff their faces and make messes like a two-year-old.

Katelyn and Travis had their hands interlaced, with the bluenette's head gently buried in Travis' neck as her hair tickled against his chest. 

They'd both picked their fair share of strawberries, and spent the rest of the time breathing in the coastal farm air, they both adored.

An hour later, the group had returned with full baskets but a majority of them couldn't mention the word 'strawberry' without feeling sick. 

"How many strawberries did you guys collect?" Nana asked.

"Don't. No," Aphmau answered blocking her nose from the standard strawberry aroma around the farm. 

"I'm never having another strawberry ever again," Tatiana whined, receiving a laugh from Vylad.

"Well, it seemed some of us had a greater time than others," Aaron said playfully, giving Aph and Tatiana a 'you-asked-for-it' look as they pretended to whimper.

"So, Cadenza, Dante, how many strawberries did you collect? See, I couldn't make out what you were doing from a distance, must've been close though," Laurance remarked with a smirk. 

Lucinda gave Cadenza a 'tell me everything when we get back' look, that the fiery-haired girl returned with a half-smile, before looking back down at the ground. 

Dante gave a sharp glare at the brunette as to say, 'don't go there', without saying it. 

"We should just pay then go back to the house, for a light dinner," Remmi suggested. Dante and Cadenza were separately trying to pry off the squashed strawberries from their faces, as the rest gave a nod. 

"You are so lucky you didn't get any of the strawberry on my dress, or you'd be dead," Cadenza warned.

"I'd like to see you see you try," Dante challenged.

"Underestimating me, I see? You're so screwed now," The girl confronted, giving Dante a lighthearted shove. 

They all began heading back towards the check-out tent, except Lucinda. She stopped. 

"Guys! Wait!" The witch called, reeling in their short-ended attention, "Have you seen Melissa today?"

re-post because i forgot there was more to the chapter 07/08/2022