CHAPTER 27 / DANTE JUST BEING DANTE

just reading this title, u should except that nothing is going to go down well...
oh and valerie has no purpose in the story whatsoever, i mean it

Dante is one of those guys who'd do anything to get a girlfriend and be in a relationship. Even if it means humiliating himself hundreds of times before he meets the right girl. 

After a tiresome morning argument with Travis to try to get his groove back, he decided to cool it off by flirting with cute girls until he managed to get one to go on a date with him. 

Before he step foot on the beach, Dante straightened his clothing, sprayed a peppermint refresher in his mouth and ran an unsteady hand through his loose untamed blue curls. 

Chicks dig that kind of hair, right?

It'd been a while since he'd done anything like this, and he was having second thoughts. He was nervous. Butterflies flew around his stomach as he bit his lip. 

The last time he'd properly flirted with a girl (other than Cadenza the other day), was when he and Laurance were left alone, while the others happened to be dying at Starlight. 

Dante had spent countless evenings that summer hooking up with a girl, any girl he could find. 

Not only could she be cute, but have a sweet and bubbly personality, flirty yet funny, not shy but social. 

During that summer he'd hooked up with a girl named Valerie. She was one of those girls who wouldn't take others' crap and didn't care what people supposedly thought of her. 

Valerie ticked all the boxes in the flirt's book, even though she was the opposite of everything he was looking for. She was firm and stubborn, she wouldn't have a bar of flirting and she liked being alone. 

She had distinctive red hair, like Black Widow's in The Avengers. Her nose was sprinkled with a light collection of freckles and soft dimples that only picked up whenever she smiled. Her eyes were a hazy green, framed with long eyelashes, and accompanied by a petite nose and soft lips. 

Dante and Valerie's relationship lasted a good four months before they went their separate ways that November. 

Now, whenever Dante would teasingly flirt with Cadenza, Kim or Lucinda, his cocky smirk would fade and Valerie would flood his unfortunate mind. 

He hated how she drew him back. 

Dante had a jeering feeling that today he'd rank back to his usual self, flirting with girls without any sort of unwanted hesitation, like the Casanova he'd always been. 

Placing his phone away in his pocket, Dante strode up to the first young lady, he'd set his eyes on. With her petite features, striking bleach blonde hair and blue eyes, she could've easily been labelled as a barbie doll. (im sorry gwen 😥)

"Hey there," Dante said, deepening his voice. 

"Do you need something?" The girl asked, readjusting the denim jacket that was draped over her shoulders. She wore a dark blue swimsuit and had her hair pulled up by a black claw clip and headband that pulled the hair out of her face. 

"Hun," Dante began, "Are you an angel because I think I died and went to heav-"

Before he could finish she placed her index finger on his lips to shut him up. "What makes you think you could win me over with some dumb pickup line?" She gently questioned, removing her finger.

"But I-"

"Hey, Gwen! You joining us for volleyball?" A brunette human giraffe called over from the other side of the beach.