CHAPTER 75 / THE LAST DAY OF KYSUHU

Home was right around the corner. 

Their last few days consisted of thorough packing to make sure they'd gotten every last thing they owned. In addition, two new people were coming home with him. Besides, the four, no one knew about Katelyn and Nana's pregnancies, hence it being a secret. 

With everything packed the group ventured around and reminisced about the villa taking in the last of their holiday. Hundreds, maybe even thousands of different memories had been created. They'd grown together and taken down a familiar, yet, devastating villain that they were somewhat prepared for. 

Plus, two couples got engaged, while another began dating. 

"Remember when we climbed the doorframes saying we were Spider-Man and Arachne?" Kasey asked, brushing his hand past the doorframe. 

Remmi nodded and smiled at her boyfriend. "Yeah, we even had the costumes for them."

"Remember all those times that we wasted our afternoons streaming on our phones?" Laurance cut in joining them. 

"I think we can all agree that we had a great summer," Kim interrupted.

"Have you guys got everything?" Aaron asked, coming down the stairs, hand in hand with Aphmau. Zane followed close behind them. 

"Probably," Garroth replied.

"We should probably get going, we've got a plane to catch," Aaron instructed. 

"I'll be one second," Zane said. 

Quickly, everyone began loading themselves into the cabs as Zane went to his and Nana's spot on the balcony where he found her standing. 

"You know, there's so much we could have done while we were here," Nana said overlooking the town. 

"Like what?" Zane asked, "we did all kinds of crazy things."

"I mean... yeah, we did do a lot. We've enjoyed ourselves, but now when we go home it's going to be completely different. Think about it, in a year, we'll have the baby, we may be married by then, and you'll be a father as well as an uncle. We may look back and regret not doing more," Nana explained.

Zane pondered the thoughts. Yeah, what if. They would be parents and have a baby, but they would still spend time together. They'd work it out, balance out their family, work and free time just like his parents who were still dangerously in love. 

He and Nana would work hard to make it all balance. There could be flaws, but nothing's ever perfect. Sometimes there was simply, yes and no. 

Maybe they would regret some of their old, naive choices but they would make new ones to make up for them. They laughed, they cried, heck, they even met One Direction of all things.

"I'm sure we did, but we're going to have to look forward from now on, we can't lodge ourselves in the past, we're just gonna have to face it," Zane said without thinking ahead. He didn't even realise the mindset he had until after he'd said that. 

Nana smiled and kissed Zane, her fiancé, her future husband, the love of her life and the father of their unborn child. "Okay then, let's go home."

Zane paused. "Did you mean how we didn't go scuba diving?" 

Nana laughed but held onto Zane's hand. They'd all changed over the break, they'd matured and grown stronger. Home had never felt any closer and Nana couldn't wait to open the new door that would change their worlds forever.