CHAPTER 9 / FALCON CLAW

Because there were eight girls over at Aphmau's house, they split themselves between two cars; Katelyn's and Nana's. 

Nana was put in a group with Kim, Tatiana and Remmi, meanwhile Katelyn had Melissa, Lucinda and Aphmau. 

The hour drive consisted a constant headache for almost everyone on the drive. Kim and Tatiana decided the car drive would be an appropriate time for them to complain about one another, as they sat beside each other in the back seat. In Katelyn's group, it was her and Lucinda. 

The only two actually gotten some peace and relaxation during the trip was Remmi who'd brought her AirPods, and Aphmau who'd fallen asleep in the back seat beside Melissa. 

By the time the group had arrived and found Rebecca's class, they'd waited fifteen minutes of silence, until the doors were opened and college students began to leave. It seemed to be a huge group of students, Remmi claimed to have counted ninety-four students come out of that one room alone; and none of which were dozing off, but the majority of them were male. 

"Do you really think Beca is a good teacher? Look how intrigued her students seem to be!" Kim whispered, after ducking her head at the window multiple times.

"Or they're just in that class to flirt with her," Katelyn pointed out, as they watched a brunette student with a mullet raise his hand and cause the class to crack up. Beca included.

The six of them shared sneaky peeks at the window, while Remmi pulled out her phone and scrolled through Instagram. "Hey, did you guys know Kim moved in with Garroth and Laurance?" She asked, picking up their attention. 

"This isn't some kind of practical joke is it?" Katelyn asked.

She shook her head and pointed at Kim who was hiding her head in the novel she'd brought along. "There's your answer."

Lucinda laughed, "She isn't wrong."

The only ones who hadn't known were Katelyn, Aphmau, Melissa and Nana, who's jaws' dropped. 

"No way!" Katelyn exclaimed.

"Yes way. You didn't hear? Garroth began freaking out when he found out she passed out reading a book her first night over," Remmi mentioned.

"Sounds like something Garroth would overreact over," Nana pointed out.

"What!? That's news to me!" Aphmau said, as she pulled up a ponytail. "Kim?"

"U-uh. Y-yep," she stammered, "I did."

"Are you planning to make a move on him?" Melissa inquired, placing her phone in her lap. 

Kim made a face, "What, who?"

"Garroth!" Lucinda sighed, beginning to get annoyed with Kim's oblivion.

"Remember when they kissed at New Years? He asked you out once since that happened? Didn't he?" Aph questioned.

"Not once, twice," the witch corrected.

"Hey! You guys!" Remmi exclaimed, "Can't you see how uncomfortable Kim looks right now? You know how shy she is. How about we change the subject?" she suggested.

The girls reluctantly agreed but Katelyn grinned. "So, Remmi! How's things going with my little brother?" 

"I-I did-didn't me-mean to ch-change the subject t-to me! What a-about Lucinda? How about Melissa? Or even Nee~Chan?" She protested.

"Hey. You guys, they're finished," Tatiana announced as students flooded out. 

With a half smile, Nana stood up. "Yeah! Well, let's go see Beca," she said, rushing right in, finding Rebecca Ro'Meave packing away her things.