CHAPTER 15 / TOURNAMENTS & WATER SLIDES

Nana and Zane found almost everyone (with the exception of Lucinda) down in the entertainment hub, witnessing a tense battle between Vylad and Dante, with table tennis. 

With the score now at 19-19, Vylad seemed to have the upper hand as he closely watched the ball come back and forth. Dante had immersed himself into the game, overdoing his manoeuvres and bouncing around his side of the table. 

Zane, Nana, Aaron, Katelyn, Kim and Remmi found the entire thing nonsense, while everyone had gotten into it. After a few minutes of intense game-playing, Vylad had managed to win as Dante missed the last hit. The score tallied to 21-20, controlled by unbiased, Laurance Zvahl. 

The players shook each others' hands, shaking off the game before heading down to the park. 

Nana found herself familiar with the water park while the group were either bewildered or traumatised by the sight of it. 

Remmi's memories of the last time she was in Kyushu were fuzzy since the last time she was there, was when she was barely four. She absolutely adored the sliders and dragged Kasey down the first chance she got. 

Courtesy of Garte, they were given unlimited access on the parks throughout their stay. 

Kasey, Remmi, Katelyn, Travis, Garroth, Laurance and Lim, were the first of the group to try out the rides, while Dante, Vylad, Melissa and Tatiana decided to find something to eat. 

The last four happened to be Nana, Zane, Aphmau and Aaron. 

Aaron was weary of Aphmau falling victim to one of the deep-ended slides, not so sure how to rank her new-found swimming level. She knew he basics as well as water safety and how to prevent yourself form drowning but didn't want to take any unnecessary risks. 

"Where are you guys heading off to?" Aaron asked, reminding himself the magnet-like couple were still beside himself and his wife. 

"Nana's choosing," Zane responded as he watched his girlfriend's widened eyes dart from one thing to another. 

"How about Aph heads over to the baby water park. It's mainly shallow waters and has those sprinklers you can run through. My siblings and I went down there almost everyday when we were here last," Nana suggested, as if she could read Aph's mind. 

Aphmau's ears perked up just as she heard the word 'baby'. The raven-haired werewolf squealed, with the largest grin on here face. 

"Thanks," Aaron replied sarcastically. 

"We'll see you in a bit!" Aphmau said, dragging her newly wed husband by the hand towards the baby water parks. 

"Where to first?" Zane asked, giving Nana a gentle nudge to her right arm. 

"Let's go to the highest slides. Ami, Mikai and I used to go on those hundreds of times. Do you remember how to swim?" 

"I never forgot how to swim. Ready?"

"Ready. C'mon, the sooner we're in line, the sooner we can go down the slide," Nana urged, before running through the crowd with Zane following behind her. 

The group had reserved their things in individual lockets before racing toward the park;. The stairwell was tall but wasn't boring, nor too crowded. The apex casted the most incredible view, structurally the centre point of the entire resort. 

Nana and Zane chose to go down the slide together, Zane sat down first wrapping his arms around his girlfriend's waist before they slid down at an excruciatingly fast rate. 

Through vertical drops, vivid colours of the tunnels and sharp twirls of the slide, Nana was screaming at the thrill of the ride, while Zane silently braced himself so he would be ready for the when the water made contact with the splash. 

The splash came twenty seconds after Zane was sure it would end. 

Once they resurfaced, they were greeted by the sight of most of the team. Garroth and Kim were sitting on the edge of the pool, contently swimming their legs through the water, while everyone else (including Dante and Melissa; but not Vylad, Tatiana, Aphmau and Aaron) were messing around in the pool, as well as other random people but they're not important. 

"Did you like it!?" Nana exclaimed.

"I absolutely loved it! Except the part when we hit the water, because of the smack and burn the water gives you when you forcefully make contact with the water," Zane explained, "It was awesome though, all the turns, drops, it was... wow..." He rambled just as Katelyn came up from behind, slapping him on the back of his head. 

"Loser, you're on holiday. Loosen up a little. There's no use for your pointless 'doctor talk'," she said, with air-quotes, "This is just as much your holiday as it is ours." 

"Sympathetic," Travis proudly remarked, brushing off an imaginary tears from his eyes.

Katelyn re-did the same action she had done to Zane, but harder without knocking his unconscious, "Shut up."