CHAPTER 60 / THE LARGEST CONVENTION IN THE WORLD

lets gooooooo sixty chapterssss

The group woke up on Friday morning to a fresh start, gathering their things, getting served breakfast and getting themselves ready for the convention. Some had entire kits brought in with them to play the part (have you seen Leonard and Sheldon's makeup collection in TBBT), while others improvised where they could. 

Each day, every person had a different costume, some were themed, and some weren't. Although, they committed their third day to Marvel and DC.

Aph started herself as Rei from Sailor Moon, in her school uniform, which Nana absolutely adored. As suggested, Garroth and Kim went as Peeta and Katniss flawlessly, thanks to the wonders of hair dye. 

Nana had gone over the top, stating that if it were the largest convention in the world, there'd be cameras and she wanted to give them a real, committed performance. Which is exactly what they got. 

Laurance dressed up as Ben Parish from The Fifth Wave, while Dante dyed his hair claiming to be Owen Grant from Jurassic World. Nicole paired up with him and dressed up as Claire Dearing. 

Zane had cosplayed as Tobio Kageyama from Haikyuu, deliberately not pairing up with her. Nana went as Satou Matsuzaka from Happy Sugar Life. They had made up for it on the second day as Helios and Super Sailor Chibi Moon. 

This year's theme was 'outside the box' and they did just that.

When they first entered the building, they all were welcomed by a large number of banners, stands and people all across the convention. 

Remmi, Kasey, Nicole, Dante, Garroth, Kim and Laurance ran off for the sci-fi awards, while the others headed off towards the anime side. Nana had spent much of her time through the past few days working on her costume was immediately complimented by many visitors such as themselves, while others got strung down by interviews from TV reporters. 

Some of the group contributed in voting, received small awards, while some laid low from the enormous gathering in general. Like at his first convention Aaron had dressed up as Grey Fullbuster from Fairy Tail with the help of Aphmau. 

Although, the remainder of the group found the arcade rooms, enjoying the entertainment provided by the facilities. They ended their first day with dinner in an authentic Japanese restaurant committing to ancient traditions such as the low tables called kotatsu and cushions zabuton, which had the backing of a chair, although it was on the floor. 

Late on the second evening, they took a few stops to view breathtaking sites before heading back to their hotel. Even after the first, long day, once they returned back, a handful added last-minute alterations to their costumes, while the rest retreated to sleep. 

I can't say trying to sleep while others were working was particularly worth it, but they tried. 

Laurance got mad at Vylad who was finishing details to his Jedi uniform. Well, he had it coming when he was still up at half past two in the morning. Shoes were thrown. 

The next two days served to be a rapid success, especially when they went as DC characters on the last. They managed to win awards and drew attention to the organisers. 

Aaron was Batman, Aphmau as Catwoman, Nana was Starfire, Zane was Robin (Dick Grayson), Travis was Beast Boy, Katelyn was Raven, Dante was Cyborg, Melissa was Batwoman, Lucinda was Renee Montoya (I don't ship Melcinda but there it is), Laurance was Green Lantern, Garroth as John Constantine, Kim was Zatanna, Kasey was Superboy, Remmi was Megann aka ms Martian, Tatiana was Nubia, Cadenza was Carol Ferris and Nicole was Barbara also known as Batgirl. 

(And if Becca and Zenix were there they'd have been Spoiler and Tim Drake)

A long list, I know.

In Nana's opinion it had all gone too quickly, but a final walk around Tokyo with Zane that evening had made it all worth it. 

Like the week before, they headed back to Kawaminami early Monday morning and retreated back to their rooms at once. Their departure was hesitant and no one wanted it to end. Simply one week couldn't be - and wasn't - enough. 

if you ask Siri 'can I call you JARVIS or FRIDAY?' its results are priceless! sorry if the chapters have been sloppy lately.