CHAPTER 18 / FLOOR IS LAVA

"Welcome to the first ever, Mystreet memorial, Floor Is Lava tournament! Because we're totally not obsessed with that new Netflix reality show, we made our own!" Garroth announced into his phone, which was filming for their newly collaborated youtube channel. 

Previously the over-the-tip entertainment basement, was now the chaotic 'floor is lava' arena. "Today we have three teams of three, fighting to reach the end without falling or touching the so-called lava or floor. In team one we have Aaron, Melissa and Lucinda! In team two, we have Laurance, Travis and Dante and finally we have team three, with Katelyn, Kim (and Ghost too) and Kasey. Alongside me, I have Vylad, Zane (a previous YouTube star - you remember that meow-ing cat), Nana, Aphmau and Tatiana. Who are giving up their phones and time to film today's game. Good luck to all our contestants." 

Garroth said,  staring stupidly into his phone, as well as making his contestants wave to the camera. "Team one, what is your intention with the prize of fifty bucks each as well as a weeks worth of free dares and commands to the defeated players?" He asked, passing over Kim's borrowed curling burns as the appropriate use as a microphone. 

Aaron, the captain of team one, stepped up. "We plan to do just that. Use every second we can," he answered as Vylad filmed them. Zane, Remmi and Nana bravely tried to hold back their laughs before it could spread like wildfire across the room. 

Vylad managed to hold a straight face. 

"Team two, what do you plan on doing with the prize?" Garroth questioned, as Dante took the microphone from his hands.  

"We plan to infiltrate the building and make it movie night every night without fail." 

"--And unlimited tacos!" Travis added, receiving a cocky grin from Laurance. 

"Okay then," Garroth said to his camera, "We'll just have to see who wins. And finally, our last team, who named themselves 'the clause'. We have Katelyn, Kim and Kasey." He then cut himself into Vylad's shot and whispered his own comment to the camera, "Personally I would've gone with the 'k's' because all their names begin with 'k'. But you know, it's Katelyn, she's scary." 

He and the cameras turned to the final team. "So, what do you plan to do with the complete control of the beach house if you win?" The blonde asked, pointing his returned microphone over to Katelyn. 

"Is that my curler?" Kim questioned.

"Our plan won't be shared until we actually win," Katelyn remarked, crossing her arms over her chest. 

Garroth shrugged, "Fair enough. Now, players, for now you'll be waiting as the other team runs their course. Zane will be in control of the stopwatch while both Aphmau and Nana will be our referees because of their sharp eyes. Oh, and there's only one rule. Don't fall in because the floor is..."

"Genuinely lava."

~

Aaron's team managed to get all their player across successfully without missing a step or misjudging the distance of the jumps. Seriously; a witch, a werewolf and the ultima werewolf, what could go wrong? You've seen Starlight and When Angels Fall, that question is unfortunately proven correct... too many things can go wrong. 

The next team was Laurance's. Unfortunately, both Dante and Travis were exposed for hitting contact with the tiled floor. Travis somehow managed to jump on a beanbag, lose his balance and rolled headfirst to the ground. He needed an ice pack. 

Dante's land caused him to slip and landed his hand on the floor, resulting in him getting disqualified. Laurance made it across the room, pleased that he wasn't appointed as the captain. 

Katelyn's team, were cautious, yet fast. With the exception of Kim (who had overdone her momentum and fell off a stool, don't worry Garroth caught her), the Firefist siblings proudly made it across the room, even though they knew they'd lost. 

There goes their butler and maid services, right out the window. 

Luckily, the true winners, Aaron, Melissa and Lucinda weren't too hard with their win, but requested an overdone three course meal that evening to celebrate their victory. 

Garroth's comments carried on through the tournament, and they was edited and posted on Youtube, where they'd gotten two thousand views overnight. Then... their video went viral...

i did have fun writing this chapter, but not too much fun. yesterday i made cookies, so i couldn't update. they turned out well all things considered.

 they turned out well all things considered