CHAPTER 42 / THE PAINTING COMPETITION

That afternoon Nana had tried to shake off the death of her baby and rejoined the group as if nothing happened. 

To remove the tension, Katelyn suggested a painting competition to cheer up the group. Hearing one of their friends crying and screaming that morning had left a mental chill in their minds. 

They immediately warmed up to the idea and set up canvases and easels so they could begin. They'd be painting the person across from them and the methods were limitless. What that means, I don't know. 

Nana was across from Laurance, and Laurance was across from her. Garroth was stuck across from Lucinda. 

Nana gave a quick sketch of a male figure that was meant to be Laurance and an easel. She thought it would've been cool to paint Laurance peering out from behind his easel, as he was doing trying to paint the meif~wa. 

The pairings were determined from Becca's blue bucket hat she'd brought along. Names were drawn from a hat. Unsurprisingly, Becca was paired with her twin brother. 

The best artists were considered to be Aphmau, Cadenza, Remmi, Dante (for some reason) and Zane. Aphmau was paired with Vylad. Only Aaron and Travis decided to sit this activity out. 

But Travis decided it would be awesome to silently film the experience for the sake of YouTube. Remmi had painted her partner Kasey as Spider-Man without the mask hanging from the ceiling in a classic and iconic Spider-Man pose. 

Remmi had immensely improved to draw and paint, from when she was eleven years old as a meif~wa scout. The way she'd managed to portray features in an artwork was mind-boggling but continued her masterpiece using watercolour paints. 

Aphmau painted Vylad hanging off a tree with squirrel ears and tail, in a chibi anime format. 
Katelyn was paired with Dante and made him look like Violet Bearugarde when she was puffed up like a blueberry from the book - once it was completed Aaron begged to keep it. 

Yeah, Aaron. For some reason, their friendship was like Bucky's and Sam's, where they preferred to be rivals than be actual friends. Blackmail. 

YouTube saw it too. 

Nana's artwork was voted out as the favourite of the finished lot, with Katelyn's and Remmi's close behind. Zane didn't think twice to draw his sister as a bear. 

Becca forced him to throw it out afterwards. 

Garroth's somewhat elite painting looked like a four-year-old's using shapes as features to draw Lucinda. He tried his best too, unfortunately, that didn't exactly cut. Lucinda said it was cute and immediately brushed it off. Garroth was proud of himself though. 

Dante had a similar idea to Katelyn's painting, where he painted a blue girl who looked utterly mad and had flamed (or orange blobs) escaping her closed knuckles. 

That artwork reveal didn't go so well. 

Katelyn had written him a death wish. 

double update because I missed one yesterday I'm pretty sure.