CHAPTER 22 / BEACH DAY

"Nana! Are you coming to join us for volleyball, or are ya going to sit there in the shade?" Katelyn called to the meif~wa across the shore, where the bluenette was, alongside, Remmi, Cadenza, Aphmau, Travis, Kasey and Melissa were set up with a volleyball net and perimeter lined with shells. 

Nana looked up from her phone and glanced around where she, Lucinda and Kim were sitting underneath their tent. Kim re-reading a novel as Lucinda was proudly suntanning. 

"We another player down here on Katelyn's team!" Cadenza yelled, as Kasey made a 'come on' hand motion. 

Nana rolled her eyes and placed her phone in the safety of her bag, before running off to Katelyn's team. 

Meanwhile, Garroth, Zane and Aaron were being given an entire shell collection from the pups. 

"Woah, woah, woah. Twi. Drop. The. Crab," Zane warned, before almost getting his index finger chopped off from the agitated crab. 

Dante and Laurance had collected sticks, rocks and leaves so they could light a beach fire once the sun went down. 

Once Garroth had escaped the shell gathering Celestia, Alexander and Twilight had offered, he made his way over to Kim, throwing an arm over her shoulders, pulling her close. 

Lucinda raised an eyebrow at the couple behind her sunglasses, then resumed her fan out as if nothing happened.

Embracing the hug, Kim cuddled in toward him and reopened her book to the unread page she was up to. Nana came back, panting from the unprepared game and made her way to Zane who'd untangled himself from the muster of object the pups were still adding to. 

They nestled under the sun-shelter where he mimicked a similar stance to what his brother and girlfriend were doing. 

The two soon fell asleep at the sight of Dante grabbing his surfboard cutting past a water fight with the original gang at the start of the waves.

The others however decided tipping a bucket of cold water on Katelyn's head was entertaining and she chased after them through the now-strong waves as the wind picked up. 

If you were far enough, a two parted wave could've submerged you under the water. But where they were now, the sandy water reached past their ankles depending on their height. After another wave hit, it was past their thighs, causing Katelyn to give up her sweet revenge. 

Dante seemed to have the time of his life in the deep waves managing to keep his balance at the wave opportunity as it came a-knocking. 

Aphmau and Aaron managed to earn themselves a moment when Katelyn ran after their friends, leaving alone her step-sister and step-brother-in-law (ah-ha a mouthful). 

As they were about to kiss, an unfortunate wave crashed onto them and the sand ran off from under their bare feet as the wave drained off insistently. 

Aph screamed, "We're sinking!"

Aaron went light on his feet and didn't seem to get caught in the rolling grains of sand, so she copied, which caused the two to laugh. 

Although the youngest pair had managed to escape their friends and family, and headed towards the rock pools.