CHAPTER 21 / BLACKOUT

In the late hours of the afternoon the next day, the power decided it was the best time to have a break or a breezy vacation, on vacation. 

All lights, power outlets, water pumps and air-conditioning couldn't work, causing a rising panic to the resort. Engineers to restart the generator had been contacted but were delayed until late that evening, due to a multi-car accident on the freeway. 

In the meantime, the mystreet clan gathered together bottled water, gas for the stove, and full charging blocks. Apparently, power outages had happened frequently the previous summer, so the resort had come prepared... kind of. 

The whole town's power had all gone out. 

After a simple dinner of peanut butter and jam sandwiches, it was nine by the sun had fallen. 

Without the running water, they couldn't wash their hands, or brush their teeth. 

Nana, Zane and Remmi were the fortunate ones, they were able to see well in the dark due to their cat-like features, as could the four werewolves, but not as well. 

The remainder of them used Lucinda's magic or battery torches to get around so they wouldn't waste their phone's precious batteries. Even after twenty minutes, it doesn't mean you can see every detail like you can in the light. In the pitch black, you can only see blurred shapes or heavily rely on muscle memory. 

Nana wouldn't have a bar of it. She grabbed her denim jacket from her and Zane's shared bed and headed out the top balcony, gazing at the array of stars, the gleam of the supporting moonlight and focused on the comforting sounds of the crashing waves. 

Nana laughed to herself as she caught sight of the dark town and the low gleam of light from distant torches or cars. 

Zane soon found the girl as she rested her arms on the balcony's barrier. He wrapped his own arms around her waist and buried his head in the crook of her neck, under the bubblegums waves. 

"Were you looking for me?" She teased. 

"Why wouldn't I? Twister may be fun for some, just not me," He answered, bringing her in closer. 

"Oh? They chose Twister? That's one interesting game, how many did they fit on the mat?" 

"Four. Laurance, Remmi, Katelyn and Aaron. Aph wanted a turn afterwards but your sister sent it down losing her balance when she was bent over Laurance, down it went. Kasey looked impressed though, then Dante made a joke that cats were supposed to land on their feet," Zane reminisced, as Nana giggled.

"Now I wish I was there to see it. Did Katelyn rage quit?" 

"Fortunately, yeah. Then she suggested uno. Uno flip or something, you know where the cards have two sides?"

"Yeah, it's a spinoff of the original game," Nana replied before the two fell silent as the wind picked up. 

"This place isn't half bad. It's quiet, and must've looked pretty during the day," Zane said brushing his cheek against Nana's. "You're beautiful, you know that?"

"You don't look half bad either," she answered, turning back to Zane giving him a meaningful kiss, wanting to make it deeper, except she knew that'd turn into a full on make-out session out in the open. 

She gently pulled away and turned towards the view again as he kissed her cheek. 

"Does anyone else come up here?" Zane asked.

"Not that I know of. How come?"

"Good. Then this'll be our special place. Right here in the corner of the balcony."

one direction just sets the mood for this. :) 

i missed writing small fluff between the two of them, they're back baby! <3