CHAPTER 17 / TRAVIS' DISCOVERY

travlyn <3 sorry its short

Two days after the entire airhorn incident, Travis and Katelyn were walking hand-in-hand. After suntanning at the beach for the past two hours, they'd been taking in everything Kawaminami had to offer so far. 

As the pair were walking through one of the food plazas, Travis' green eyes caught contact to one of the most amazing things he would never witness again (besides Katelyn of course).

He'd found a genuine taco-only restaurant, open for use at that moment. 

"What's up?" Katelyn asked, once she walked back from the sudden jerk in their momentous  walk. 

"There -there's a-a-a t-tac-taco r-restaurant..." he managed to mumble out through his amazement. 

"A what?" Katelyn asked again, looking around trying to comprehend what he meant. 

"Th-there's a taco restaurant. ri-right there..." the white haired boy whispered.

Katelyn then saw it and a smile swept past her face. She glanced back at her boyfriend and caught eye contact. "Wanna try it out? If it's good we can brag to the others that we found the place," she suggested, giving his hand a soft squeeze. 

Travis grinned and the two ran towards the restaurant. And man, were the tacos good.

Immediately they headed to the tall order boards, like the new additions to McDonalds, and browsed through the menu loving the variety through the options. Once placing down their choices, they found a table and waited for table service to arrive. 

Every part of the taco and burrito were perfection and they ate a concerning amount of tacos before heading home. 

~

As they entered the glass doors, the two were greeted back the sweet barks of Twilight, Alexander and Celestia. "Where have you guys been?" Nana asked, picking up her pup and giving her a soft brush with the back of her hand. 

"You have no idea," Katelyn laughed. 

"What?" Zane asked, suspicion creeping over his face, resulting in a smirk. 

"No! Not that!" Travis protested, "We just went to the most amazing restaurant in the entire resort! Absolute perfection."

"Which is?" Nana prompted, passing over Twilight to Zane. 

"I doubt anything can top the bakery a few streets down," the raven-haired man frowned.

"Oh but it is!" Katelyn exclaimed.

"A taco restaurant!" Travis finished, "Absolutely breathtaking!"

"A taco restaurant?" Aphmau asked, coming into the room, crouching down to her pups and received a lick from Twilight on the cheek. 

"This, I gotta check out," Garroth remarked, "-blame the ears," he added, pointing to his wolf features. 

"You better, I would die if I don't go back there soon," Travis sighed.

"Aph, I think you should knock some sense into Travis here, he's chosen tacos over me," Katelyn whined, hitting her boyfriend on the arm. 

"What'd he do?" Aaron questioned while giving Alexander a polite handshake from the dog's raised paw. 

"I mean, that's Travis for ya," Dante said, crossing his arms over his chest as he came up the stairs from the entertainment centre (which the guys had completely claimed), "What'd you expect?"

"Tacos all the way," Travis replied, "--And Katelyn."