Ch. 3

Nine months Later

Olivia

We're the Pogues, and our mission this summer is to have a good time, all the time.

Camera 📷 . ✅
Favorite book 📖 . ✅
Towel . ✅
Suntan lotion. ✅
Shades 🕶. ✅

Everything I needed for the day I shoved into my backpack and slipped on my sandals then made my way to the kitchen to grab a cooler with drinks and snacks for  me and my friends.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

The Outer Banks, Paradise on Earth.

I have lived here all my life, maybe left a few times for business trips with my dad away from home but never had the time to experience real fun, real adventure. I've had the party side, it started a few years ago when I found out my mom had cancer but after almost dying myself and getting sent to rehab, I changed to one of the clean innocent kook princess my friends think I am.

It's the sort of place where you either have two jobs or two houses.

Two tribes, one island.

At least that's what my cousin always says, anyway.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

"Olivia, John B's here!" I heard my mother from the kitchen, I rounded the corner "I'm coming, I'm here." I muttered then closed up the cooler.

"You guys be careful, no getting into trouble." My mom said and I saw my sister Frankie following me to the front door "Can I come with you?" She asked and I sighed "Only teenagers Frankie, maybe next time." I told her and she pouted her lips which made me feel a bit sorry for her.

"Okay... what if you come say hi to my friends and John B. Will that make you feel better?" I asked her and she smiled widely "I knew you'd like that idea." I chuckled then picked her up and opened the door to see the van, John B was leaning on the passenger side door while my friends Kie, Pope, and JJ were in the back. "Someone wanted to come with us, but I told her, teens only." I told them and they all smiled "Hey there, squirt." John B smirked poking her nose and she laughed. "JB! Can I press the horn?" "Yeah, go ahead." John B helped her up inside the van then pressed the horn a few times, we all laughed, and my dad came out "Okay peanut, let's go inside, you and me can go out on the boat later." He said then held her in his arms "You, kids stay out of trouble. I don't want Peterkin or Shoupe calling me." My dad said and I gave him a salute. "Yes sir!" I muttered then kissed his cheek and got into the van, we made our way to an underdeveloped house where we usually hang.

John B

"That's what, a three-story fall to the deck? I give you about a one-in-three chance of survival." Pope said and I licked my finger and tested where the wind was coming from "Hm. Should I, do it?" I asked and he chuckled "Yeah, jump. I'll shoot you on the way down." "You'll shoot me?" I questioned as he held a drill up to me "Yep. Pow!" Olivia laughed and turned to my friend Kie as she was coming out of the house. "They're gonna have Japanese toilets with towel warmers." "Of course. Why wouldn't they?" "This used to be a turtle habitat, but who cares about the turtles, I guess?" she said, and my cousin sighed.

"I can't have cold towels." "JJ, can you not try and be an idiot for a second?" Liv told JJ and he rolled his eyes "Only if I can be your idiot, Livy." "Can you please not kill yourself?" Kie said and I balanced on the roof. "Yeah, I don't think my uncle would want you to die this young for no reason." "Don't spill that beer. I'm not giving you another one." JJ said and Olivia slapped his arm.

I dropped the beer can and Liv looked up at me "Of course you did. Smooth." "Good Job, John B." Liv chuckled, and I rolled my eyes. "A-plus." Pope muttered and I sighed "Hey! Hey, uh, security's here. Let's wrap it up. Boys are early today." JJ said and I looked back to see Gary the security guard of the subdivision "Humpty Dumpty, let's roll." "Let's go, boys." Kie said and I dropped next to Olivia, and she smiled "You good?" She asked and I nodded. "Gary, is that you?" JJ yelled as he and Liv ran through the house and dodge Gary. "I got them!" "Not much of a hugger!" JJ said and Liv laughed "I'm good Gary! We got places to be!" Liv yelled and we ran all the way to the bus, Pope fell to the ground, and I heard Olivia laugh real loud which made JJ laugh.

"Get up, Pope, fatso's coming."

"JJ, that's not nice!"

"Hey! Come here, you little pricks!" Gary yelled and Liv gasped as I honked the horn "I'm offended that you would call me that! See ya sucka!!" She yelled and I sighed "Bus is leaving!" "Come on, boys and girl!" Kie said as they ran into the bus "Whoo! Check out Gary, gunnin' for a raise." Pope yelled as he was running after the bus. JJ held out a beer and we all laughed "Come on, Gary! Wait. Slow down." "Hey! You little pricks!" Gary yelled and Liv looked at JJ "You're gonna give him a heart attack." Kie told him and he just laughed and kept Messing with Gary "You're so close! You can do it. There you go. They don't pay you enough, bro." "JJ, sit down..." Liv yelled pulling him back and he smiled at her "Oh, come on. That sort of initiative is just begging to be punished." He told her and she rolled her eyes.

I don't own any storyline besides Olivia and her family.