Ch. 27

I closed the door to the truck and looked at the Bahama house I used to spend time in with Rafe and his family every other summer in

I closed the door to the truck and looked at the Bahama house I used to spend time in with Rafe and his family every other summer in. "God, nothing changed." I mumbled to myself as I walked up the stairs and went to the room I used to stay in.

I heard Ward talking with Rafe and I frowned "Rafe, I didn't just bring you here
because I need your help. I wanna show you something." I heard and I went down the stairs quietly. "Is this the deal you've been working on?" "You could say that." I heard beeping then I peeked from the corner to see Ward opening up a safe "You ready?" "What do you got in there? The Hope Diamond?" Rafe chuckled and Ward laughed.

Ward opened the safe all the way and I saw the gold, my eyes widened "Is that real?" "Son, that's the realest thing there is." Ward said and I shook my head "How..." "I found it." Ward said and I frowned "You found... You found the Royal Merchant?" "It's what all this has been about. All this gold, it's ours now." Ward said and I came out from behind the pillar

"Jesus."

"Like hell it is!" I yelled and Ward sighed "Olivia..." "No! You didn't find shit, I found it, me and my friends found it. You just took it!" I yelled and he took a step towards me.

"I know you're upset but it's all business. What's done is done and I can give you a cut you and your family deserves, I know your sister doesn't wanna hear all the things about you..." he said and I looked him in the eye. "You don't want her image of you to be ruined, do you?" Ward told me placing a hand on my shoulder and I shook my head, tears formed in my eyes "This can't bring Sarah back or your father and grandfather, but it can save us. All of us." Ward said looking between me and Rafe. "See, Rafe, by the time Hurricane Agatha hit... we were in a financial hole, a deep one. Same with your father Olivia. We're not in a hole anymore." Ward said and I frowned.

"What are you talking about?" I questioned and he sighed "Chris was in debt with the medical bills with your mother and from your rehab. The only way to survive was to make a deal with an outside company. That's why he was shot, I didn't kill Chris and Chet." Ward said and I shook my head. "What? No..." "I'm sorry but it wasn't me." He said.

I looked at the gold and sighed "What do you need me to do?" I questioned looking up at him and Ward smiled "You're already doing it, you're here..." Ward said and Rafe chuckled "I mean, I'm looking... I'm looking at what here?" Rafe questioned and I sighed "Half a billion." Me and Ward said in unison and Rafe nodded "Half a billion. Oh my God. Holy shit!" Rafe yelled screaming in cheer and I rolled my eyes. "Dad! What? How is this possible, huh?" Rafe asked and Ward smiled.

"This is what I need to tell you. Look at me. Look. I'm hard on you, Rafe. I'm real hard on you, all right? I know that." Ward began to say and I sighed "That's why you need to hear this. That day on the tarmac, right? This is what was on the cargo plane. You are the only reason we were able to fly that out. You, Rafe. No gold." Ward said and I saw the smile on his face I smiled at how happy he was that his father looked proud of him but It wasn't real, Ward never cared.