Ch. 26

⚠️ Warning: mentions of cutting. Read at your own risk! ⚠️

Rafe

My dad woke me up and showed me Gavin's body and I freaked out "I don't un... I don't understand. What'd he do? What'd he do? What'd he do?" "He was trying to blackmail us, Son. I-" my dad said and i frowned. "What? Blackmail? What are you talking about?" I questioned and he sighed "The day at the... on the tarmac when you shot Peterkin, I needed to trust him because I needed him to fly the plane to the Bahamas." He said and I nodded "I gave him the gun, the gun that you used, and I told him to throw it out the window over the ocean on his way to the Bahamas." He said and sighed.

"But he didn't. He kept it." "Wait, wait, wait. What... what do you mean, he kept it?" I questioned and he put his hands on either side of my shoulders. "He kept the gun that you killed Peterkin with so he could blackmail us for more money." He told me and i frowned "Why would he do that?" I asked and he sighed "He was gonna turn you in, Rafe. He said you were a psychopath and that he wasn't going to jail for you. Now, will you please help me carry him to the boat?" He asked and I exhaled deeply then nodded "I got the head." I told him and we brought Gavin's body to the Druthers.

"I did not want this to happen, Rafe. You have to know that. I offered him so much. I offered him more than I had." He told me and I nodded "Oh my God... All right. All right, all right. What else needs to be done?" I asked and he sighed "I lost the gun." He said and I nodded "Tell me where. I'll get it back." I told him and he cleared his throat. "Grand. At the... at the... the construction site at Grand. It washed down the storm drain. We need to find it, get it back." He said and I nodded "All right." "Be careful...oh I also think Olivia is on to us." My dad told me and i frowned "What?" "I saw her car when I was trying to find the gun, I- I don't know if it was her or maybe one of her friends driving her car but it was her car so keep an eye on her." My dad said and I nodded "Yeah, okay." I muttered then walked towards the house.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Liv

We looked at the drain and saw all this trash "Okay, what's the plan Pope?" I asked and he sighed looking at the basin and shrugged "This is the North drain. It should've gotten washed into the gully." So, if it got flushed out from this drain,
it would've been pushed out to, like Somewhere in this trash." Pope said and I nodded "Correct." "Oh my God. People who use plastic should be shot." Kiara said and JJ frowned. "Okay, personally, I love plastic. Use it every day. Love the stuff." JJ said and I rolled my eyes "Hopefully, you recycle it and don't let it flush into the ocean." "I thought you'd say something like that, so... trash bags." Pope said and Kiara smirked "Did you just proactively protect the environment?" Kiara asked and Pope shrugged "Maybe."

Me and JJ both looked at each other and I cleared my the "You want us to leave you two alone, or what's going on?" "Yeah, like we can go if you guys..." I started and Pope threw a trash bag at us. "Just pick up the trash." He said and I started on a pile and trudged through the dirty drain water for an hour and nothing. "Well, that was fun." "If it's not in the trash, then it's gotta be in the storm drain." Pope said and JJ nodded "It's in... it's in the drain." "Damn it." "Of course it is." JJ, Pope, and Kiara said and I sighed "Good thing I brought the crow." JJ said and Kiara frowned "So, are we gonna do, like, rock, paper, scissors?" Kiara asked and I raised and eyebrow, the boys opened the bars on the drain. "No... Or alphabetically?" Kiara muttered and the boys just ignored her "Or, like, the oldest goes?" Kiara said and i frowned "Kiara, I'm the oldest?" I told her and she shrugged.