Ch. 28

JJ

I tried calling Liv but she never answered and so after we went to Kiara's we stopped at Olivia's house to get her since Limbrey specifically asked for her and Pope to meet with them.

I walked up to the door and ranged the doorbell, Robbie opened the door "Hello, JJ." "Robbie. Where's your sister?" I questioned and he shrugged. "I don't know..." "you don't... you don't know?" Robbie nodded then sighed "She was here last night with Rafe and this morning she was gone. Left a note saying she was going to be gone for a few days with a friend." Robbie said and i frowned "Rafe as in Rafe Cameron? He was here?" "Yeah."

"What.. uh what was he doing here?" I asked and he shrugged "I don't know talking with Liv. Something there doing today..." Robbie told me and I nodded. "Okay... uh if Liv calls tell her to call me it's important." I told him and Julian came to the door "Robbie, my homework's not gonna do itself." He told him which made me smirk "My man." I fist bumped him then sighed.

"You two are unbelievable." Robbie rolled his eyes and went back inside.

"Alright, see ya later." I told them then went back to Pope's dads truck.

"Where's Liv?" "Ah so get this, she left with Rafe... Robbie said he was here last night and they were doing something today." I told them and Kiara frowned "There's no way Liv is hanging with Rafe. After what he done to her." I looked down at my phone and looked at her number. "I'm just gonna text her. Maybe she actually went to her friends." I muttered and the little dots popped up.

"She's typing."

"Staying with Scarlett, had to get out of the house for a few days. Talk to you soon." I read.

"Okay. She's at Scarlett's. Besides it's good for her, she needs normalcy. Not treasure finding." Pope said and I nodded "Sure... yeah, you're probably right." I muttered then we drove to the ferry and made our way to Charleston.

"My parents are so paranoid of me being a Pogue, like it's the worst thing that could ever happen." Kiara told us and I shrugged "Hey, I hear they got good weed at boarding school, though." I told her as I rolled up some weed and she scoffed "I'm not going to boarding school. They're gonna have to kidnap me, tie me up, and throw me in a van." She said and I nodded lighting the joint and putting it in my mouth.

"Well, I say... we just crumble some herb right now." I said passing it to Kiara and she sighed "Hey, Kie, have you tried to hit John B back on that number yet?" Pope asked looking at the letter. "Like, twenty million times." "That's quite a few times." I chuckled putting my hat on and she frowned "Some random lady at a hotel keeps answering." "Well, until we hear from them again, we gotta try and clear his name." Pope said and he held the letter up "Right now, this letter's our best bet." He told us and I nodded "Right. Stay on task. That's why I love ya, Pope." I muttered then Kiara stood up and looked to Pope "What Pope are you gonna be today?" She asked handing him the joint and he passed. "I'm good. I'm gonna try to focus." He said and Kiara sat next to me. "Good Pope. Boring Pope." She sighed and i chuckled "I'll take that. Um, do tricks now! Roll over, boy!" I laughed and Kiara held the Joint up and we joked around, me and Liv weren't really jokesters. Liv focuses on our love but we do have our moments.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

"Guys, I've read this thing like a thousand times. It makes no sense. I mean, the Limbreys own, like, half of Charleston." Kiara said looking at the letter and i frowned "What do the Kook kings of Charleston know about a murder on Kildare Island?" "Why you and Olivia specifically? That's the other creepy thing. You know?" I told Pope and he sighed ""Please come alone." That's hella sus..." Kiara said and I nodded "I was thinking the same thing. I think it's because-" Pope started but the truck started hissing and smoking.