Ch. 47

We got to an island and I took a deep breath "You okay?" JJ asked as I stumbled a bit "Yeah, still a bit dizzy." I muttered and he held me steady then he looked down at me "My siblings are still on the boat, Nathan and Ward are probably gonna fill their heads with lies." I said and he sighed "We'll find a way, okay? We'll get your siblings back. I promise." He said and I nodded.

"Okay, anybody know where we're at?" JJ questioned and I looked around and shrugged "Deserted beach. Unknown island." Pope said and I nodded "All right, I'll take that as a no. Plan A, huh, Pope? That went well." I looked at John B and Sarah and sighed.

"This is the lowest we can go. We literally have nothing else to lose. The cross, gone." "The gold, gone." Sarah chimed in and JJ scoffed. "Seriously, if we had a nickel for every time we got beat up, I'd say we're at a dollar fifty." "That's more than I got on me." Kie said and I nodded "That somehow doesn't make me feel better." "Yeah, me too." I muttered and fiddled with my nails.

"Yeah, you're right. But, I mean, we've... We've had some good stuff happen, right?" John B asked and Pope turned to him "Name something." "Um... Uh, the boiler room." John B looked to Cleo as she gave him a confused expression.

"What? If the boiler didn't explode, me and Liv wouldn't have gotten away from Rafe. I couldn't have gotten the Zodiac and gotten us out of here." "That wasn't luck. That thing was gonna blow the second I stopped feeding it." Cleo told him and I smirked "Stealing my thunder, Cleo. Um..." "Oh I know one... Pope, you're related to Denmark Tanny." I told him and he frowned "And I lost all his inheritance." He told me and I nodded then looked down at the ground.

"You know what?"

"Guys, this is it. This is the Pogue life. We are in the Caribbean. It's our own little slice of paradise. With my best friends, with my family. I don't know. I wouldn't wanna do it with anyone else." John B said and I looked up at him and I smiled slightly.

"Look, and while you guys were complaining about every little thing... JJ?" John B looked at him and JJ stuck his knife into the tree. "Hmm?" He hummed and John B pointed out to the waves crashing onto the shore.

"I was looking at those burly lefts." "There's some slabs out there." JJ said and I chuckled. "Just a few." "Kie, see that? I know you wanna get out." John B told her and she frowned "No boards." "Well, we can bodysurf till we make some boards."

"Lame." "Pope? Come on, man." Pope nodded "They do look pretty tasty." He said and John B turned to me "Oh, yes, they do. Liv, we can finally teach you to swim." John B said and I shrugged "Yeah, and I'll teach JJ to sing." I said sarcastically and JJ chuckled. "I can sing." He muttered and i nodded. "Sure." "Your seventeen years old and don't know how to swim?" She questioned and I rolled my eyes.

"What do you say?" John B asked and I sighed "I mean it can't be that hard." I told him and Pope sighed "There's nobody around. We could squat here for a bit. Kind of belongs to us now, huh?" Pope said and I shrugged.

"You got a point." John B muttered and he smirked "Six-way split?" "Poguelandia." JJ said in an accent and i frowned "Oh boy." "I claim thee Poguelandia. I like the ring of it. I'm gonna make a flag. It's gonna have a chicken on it. With a coconut bra, smoking a J... in Crocs." JJ said and me and the girls laughed.

"I could use a J." Kie muttered and I nodded " I know I shouldn't but me too." I told them and JJ pulled me up.

"Shall we get to work?" "Let's get to work."

"Let's start working on provisions."

"Set up shop."

I leaned on the tree and looked around the trees and out at the water, took it all in, this was our new home for a while until we could get rescued.

"Are you really going to be saved?"

I turned my head to see Taylor and i frowned.

"You really think someone is going to come and save you

"You really think someone is going to come and save you. You're stuck here."

I closed my eyes.

"You can't even save your siblings."

I shook my head then opened my eyes and looked around to see he was gone.

"Sarah. Till death do us part?" I heard John B and Sarah's conversation "Till death do us part." She muttered and they both looked at me "Liv? You good?" John B asked and I cleared my throat "Yeah. I'm good. Uh- we should go see what's in the Zodiac, if there's something to make a fire." I told them and Sarah grabbed my hand.

"Hey, you know you can tell me anything right? You're my best friend, I won't judge." Sarah said and I nodded "I'm okay, trust me. I'm good." I told her and she nodded. She followed John B and I stayed back for a second, I noticed Taylor was back and standing right next to me.

This is just the beginning...

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Rafe

I was in the waiting for the doctor to get done checking my dad and Nathan came to my side.

"Don't worry. When we get to port I'll have a crew go out and find Olivia." He told me and I nodded "Thank you." I muttered and he nodded.

"She won't get far. I'll make sure of it." He said and I nodded then I went to go talk with my dad.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Liv

We all fell asleep by the fire but i had trouble sleeping, I was jerked away by a nightmare. I thought I heard a noise, I turned to JJ and nudged him "JJ." I whispered but he just stirred a bit but stayed asleep. I looked around and decided to go see for myself grabbing a weapon of some kind.

All I could see was trees and I heard footsteps "Livie." I heard someone say and it sounded like Frankie, I hiked through the trees and I frowned "Frankie?". I turned around and I saw Frankie "Liv, why did you leave us? You promised you'd never leave. You hurt Rafe." She said and I shook my head "No, I didn't mean to hurt him.... Ward is to blame. It's Ward's and my father's fault." I said and I heard leaves crunching.

"Liv." I heard and closed my eyes for a second and turned to see Rafe and he had blood all over his chest "Rafe?" I muttered and saw a gun in my hand. "No... no, no, no. Rafe I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." I said grabbing him as he fell down and I laid him in my lap "I'm sorry." I said and he looked up at me "It's all your fault."

I woke up screaming and I felt strong arms cradle me "Hey, shhh. Liv it's okay! Liv, it just a nightmare, calm down!" I looked around to see John B at my side while JJ was holding me brushing his fingers through my hair as I tried to calm down. I took a deep breathe to relax and I saw Sarah, Kiara, Pope, and Cleo with worried looks on their faces.

I saw behind them was also Taylor smirking down at me.

"It's okay." JJ muttered then kissed the top of my head as I gripped his forearm "Just breathe, Liv. Breathe." Breathe? Breathe? My siblings are held hostage by Ward and my father, how can I breathe?

It's all my fault.