Ch. 34

I walked with my bike in hand over to pick up Sarah but I also wanted, needed to talk to Rafe; as I was walking the breeze came off the water it was cool and the sun shined beeming down on my face, it felt different. I stopped in my tracks when I saw him, Rafe was sitting in the patio with a drink in his hand "Rafe?" "Liv." He said taking a step towards me but then stepped back. "What uh- what are you doing here?" He asked and I looked to the ground "I was coming to ride with Sarah to the Chateau... but I uh I wanted to see how you were doing? I- I know how it feels to loose a father and um- Ward was also a father figure to me before everything that happened." I said tearing up and he nodded "Thank you." He managed to say and I nodded.

I saw the drink in his hand and sighed "Oh Rafe." I muttered then took the drink from his hands the places it on the table, I turned back to him and then pulled him into a hug. I felt tears staining my back and I ran my fingers through his hair "I'm so sorry Rafe." I told him whispering sweet nothings in his ear and I pulled him to the bench. "I also wanted to talk to you... about us." I said and he looked up at me and he gave me a look that made me know he knew what I was talking about. He shook his head in disbelief and I sighed.

"If you love me Rafe, you'll let me go." I told him and he pulled me into a tight hug "I don't know if I can. Please, don't leave. You're the only thing I have left." Rafe said and I pulled away then I took the bracelet out from my pocket and placed it in his hand "Please." He muttered and I
walked out of the guest house.

"Please, Liv! Don't leave." Rafe yelled as I was walking my bike over to Sarah and she frowned "Sarah. Hey, wait, Sarah. Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Slow down. Slow down." Rafe said stopping us and Sarah pushed her bike down then pushed Rafe back. "You touch me one more freaking time!" Sarah yelled and I just stood there staring at the ground.

"We can't keep ignoring each other. Dad wanted us to talk." Rafe said with tears in his eyes and I looked up at him from time to time. "When I tell you you are the last person I want to talk to, I mean it, Rafe." Sarah told him and he nodded "I know you hate me. I know you both hate me." Rafe said and I wiped a tear from my eye "You tried to kill us." Sarah said and Rafe sighed. "I know. I know, I know. I know, Sarah. I just..." Rafe started and Sarah rolled her eyes picking up her bike and turned to me "C'mon, Liv." Sarah muttered and we both got on our bikes.

"Please. No, Sarah, Sarah. Liv. Please! Sarah, please don't leave, okay?" Rafe cried out and Sarah stopped then looked at Rafe. "Dad's gone. And now, it's just...
it's you, me, and Wheezie." Rafe said as Sarah looked at the sky and sighed "What's the point, Rafe?" She questioned and Rafe cleared his throat. "I know. I know... I know what I did, okay? But listen, Sarah, um... I was only trying to do right by Dad, okay?" Rafe said and I looked between him and Sarah.

"Everything I- Everything I ever did was trying to help him, okay? And you heard... you heard the recording. He said we should... we should stay together as a family. It was his dying wish, and he's gone. And I swear I'm gonna do what I can to make that happen." Rafe said and Sarah looked up from the ground.

"I know I can't... I can't change the past,
but I'm gonna be different now. I'm sorry." Rafe said and walked back down the driveway. Sarah just wiped her tears away and looked at me "C'mon, Liv." She said and started pedaling, I looked back at Rafe as he was looking back also, I started pedaling too and caught up to Sarah. "Do you really think he can change?" Sarah asked as we pedaled down the street and I shrugged "I mean... he does things on impulse. I don't know." I told her and we got to the Chateau, I saw John B on the dock and Sarah looked conflicted. "You okay?" "I know he's your cousin but right now I- I need to figure somethings out." She said and I understood what she meant, I nodded then sighed.

"I'm gonna head inside talk to JJ... he needs to know I went to see Rafe." I told her and she nodded "I'll text you." She told me and I gave her a small smile.

I walked up the stairs of the porch and I sighed then continued inside "JJ?" I muttered and I heard commotion in the kitchen. "In here!" JJ shouted and I rolled my eyes "Of course, because why wouldn't he be in the kitchen." I muttered then I peeked my head around the corner to see JJ was scourging the fridge for food. "Hey." He smiled and I smirked "When are you never eating." "Well, I haven't eaten in like days well if you count beer um uh what's on your agenda today?" He asked trying to change the subject and I cleared my throat "Um wanna go on a slushy run? My treat?" I muttered and he nodded "I'll go anywhere with you." JJ told me making me chuckle and we used the Twinkie to go to the old village Pharmacy.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

"So uh, I went to go see Rafe." I mustered out as we were walking back to the Twinkie with Slushes in our hands and JJ frowned "You did?" He questioned and I nodded. "I went to go get Sarah and I went to talk to him... I told him we were done." I said and stopped in the middle of the walkway. "Because I love you, JJ... and I want to give this... us... a try." I said and looked up at his bluish green eyes.

"Really?" JJ questioned and I nodded "Yes." "Well then, Olivia Bea Bradley, will you be my girlfriend?" JJ asked making me smile and I nodded. "I do." I muttered then JJ pulled me into the most passionate kiss he's ever gave me.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

"I don't get it." John B said and I sat on the dock, I came back with JJ to find out Sarah and John B broke up, JJ and Kie went to get beers for us. "I don't." "Love is five minutes of pleasure for a lifetime of pain." Pope said and i frowned "Wow... So okay, you and Kie. What's going on? Talk to me." John B asked him and he sighed "Um... Well... she just wants to be friends." Pope said and my eyes widened "Death blow. Oh no. I'm sorry, man." John B sighed and Pope shrugged "I... I didn't even see it coming. At least I'm not in it alone, Liv friend-zoned JJ." Pope said and I cleared my throat "Yeah about that..." I muttered and they turned their heads to me and I sighed "JJ and I..." "Hot potato, hot potato, hot potato two!" JJ came running over to us with Kie with Beers in their hands and Kie handed me a coke.

"Impressive catch." Kiara cheered and the beer hissed and splattered all over John B "Oh!" "I need another one." John B said and JJ threw another one "One, two." "Hey." "All right. What are you guys doing down here? Having a good cry?" JJ asked wrapping his arm around me and they all looked at us suspiciously. "Cry? Cry? What are you talking-- We don't cry." Pope said and Kiara looked at John B "You know it's not your fault, right? " she said talking about Sarah and i looked off to the side. "You think she'll come around?" John B asked and Kiara shrugged "Yeah, dude. She's one of us." "Hmm. Sarah's a Pogue...She'll come around. Yep." John B said and scratched the back of his head "You know, she'll come back to me. Right." John B said and turned to me and JJ "Alright, what's going on here?" He asked and about JJ having his arm around me and I smirked then held his hand "We are officially boyfriend..." "And girlfriend." Me and JJ said and they all cheered.

"Oh!"
"Congrats!"
"Finally! Just so you know JJ, I'll kill you if you hurt her." John B said and I rolled my eyes.

"Dude c'mon! It's me your talking about. I will respect her and love her like no other." JJ said and I nodded "Okay calm down lover boy!" I patted his shoulder and John B sighed "You know, to celebrate you guys, I was just thinking about it. I'm gonna do a backflip." John B said and my eyes widened "You're lying." "I won't do it?" He questioned and I nodded "You won't." Kiara said and he nodded "You got any money?" He asked and I smirked "Hold my beer that you already dropped." John B handed JJ his can and Pope smiled "I wanna see you do it!" He shouted and John B backflipped off the boat and into the water, we all screamed and cheered for him "That's my boy!" "Woogity-woogity, baby!" John B whooped and I laughed "John B!" "That's my cousin!" I screamed and we had a good time.

" John B handed JJ his can and Pope smiled "I wanna see you do it!" He shouted and John B backflipped off the boat and into the water, we all screamed and cheered for him "That's my boy!" "Woogity-woogity, baby!" John B whooped and I laughed "John...