Ch. 43

JJ

"Our associate Tommy should be here any minute." Pope said getting me to shut up after giving the guy some bullshit story of planting flowers and I cleared my throat. "We'll be quiet, all right? And we'll finish up here. I'm sorry to bother you." I told him and he nodded "See that you do." He said getting in his golf cart and i smiled

"Have a good night, sir." The guy left.

"Let's go!" I said and jumped over the wall and over to the bushes "Get down! Get down!" I shushed them and we saw Rafe come outside "That's Rafe."

"Get down! No, wait! Not yet!" "Hey, stop!" Me and Pope stopped John B and he frowned "Then what do we do? What's the plan?" He asked and I shrugged "Well, he might have the gun, so, uh, what's in our favor? The element of surprise, that's what's in our favor right now." I told him and he sighed "What can we surprise him with?" He asked and I shrugged "I'm working on it! What if we threw something in front?" "Threw what, where? In the tree?" I told him as the truck came by and suddenly Pope ran behind the truck and my eyes widened. "Pope!" I yelled and he jumped on the back of the truck.

"What was that shit?" John B questioned and I shrugged "Well Rafe's gone. Now let's storm the fort." I told him and suddenly someone came out of the house "Get down." "Who's that?" I frowned.

"Sounds like Rose... Dude, they got Sarah." I told him and they dragged her to the car "Where the hell is Liv?" "What'd they do to her?" John B asked and I shrugged. "Mr. Wilcox took Liv already she's on the way to the docks..." I overheard Rose say and i frowned "Wilcox? Dude, isn't that Liv's biological dads name?" I questioned and he nodded.

They started driving off and we ran after it, John B banged on the window getting there attention "Hey! Slow the car! Sarah!" He yelled making Wheezie scream and I banged on her window "Hey, Wheezie! Unlock the door!" I yelled but they went faster.

John B fell and I stopped then went to his side "Come on! Let's get to the Twinkie, man. Come on! You good?" I asked him and he nodded "Come on! You want me to drive?" I said and he shook his head "No, I got it." "Okay."

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

We got followed them to the shipyard and we snuck through the gate and hid behind some stacks of wood.

"Wait. The Coastal Venture. Dude, I know that ship. My dad did legs on her last summer. It's a total tramp steamer. I worked on her in port." I told her and he frowned "There's the cross. Right there. Look." He said pointing towards the boat.

I saw a SUV pull up and i frowned, I saw Nathan Wilcox come out of the drivers side and carried Liv out of the car. "Rafe, help me." I heard him and he helped carry her. "What did you do to her?" "Relax kid, I just gave her some sleeping pills. She'll be out for a while, just put her in one of the state rooms." Nathan said and I glared at him.

"God, I hate that guy." I muttered and soon Rose came with Sarah "There she is. JJ, we gotta come up with a plan." John B said and I nodded looking around. "I know. I'm working on it." I said and sighed.

"Maybe if we get over to that barge, we go over. We'll have to get into the water, though. Then we're gonna be sitting ducks." I told him and he nodded "That's fine." He muttered and I nodded.

"Howdy." I heard and we both jumped and I saw Kie "Whoa! I was about to stab your eyes out." I told her and she chuckled "You look scared as shit." "How'd you guys even find us?" I asked and she sighed. "Geo-located your phone." She told us and I smirked "Smart." "You okay? What happened?" John B said and I looked at Pope to see he was all muddy.

"Rafe, round three." "You freaking kidding me? Again?" I questioned and he sighed "This was a tie." He said and looked over at the boat.

"You good?" "Is that the cross?" Pope asked and I nodded "Yep." "They're holding Sarah hostage." John B said and I sighed "And Liv, they drugged her to get her on the boat." I told her and Kie frowned "Okay. We have to get on that boat." She said and I nodded.

"First we gotta get past the goon squad." I told her and John B nodded "Okay, let's move. Come on." He said and Pope stayed where he was.

"Pope, what're you doing?" "I have an idea. Just trust me." He said and he ran away and i frowned.

Rafe

I carried Liv "Rafe?" I heard her mumble and I looked down at her "Hey, it's okay. We'll be leaving soon and then we'll be together." I told her and suddenly there was an explosion. I held Liv tightly and i frowned, I managed to get her onto the ship then put her in the state room. I looked at her features, her hair was a mess but I brushed her hair back with my fingers and sighed. "I love you, Liv. I always have." I muttered then covered her with a blanket then walked out of the room locking it behind me.

JJ

Soon we heard an explosion and my eyes widened "It's working." Kie said and Pope came running back "Pope, what was that? Huh?" "Look. That container's going on the ship. We can get in that way. Are you with me?" He said pointing to a container that the guard were by.

"You're a genius." "Let's go. Hey, this way. Come on. come on." John B said and we all ran to the container and i frowned "Wait. Whoa. Did you think this through?" I asked and Pope nodded "Yes. This is the plan." He said and I sighed "That's a trap right there. We can't get out once we get in." I told him and he nodded again. "I know!" "You guys don't have to come. Right?" "Right. This is our fight." John B and Pope said and I looked at Kiara.

"Nothing to lose?" "Nothing to lose. Let's go get our best friend back." She said and I climbed in and Pope helped Kiara in. "Guess it's better than boarding school." She said and we ran to the back of the container and hid behind the piping.

We stayed quiet and suddenly we heard men talking "Okay. She's good to go. Lock her up." We heard and I smiled and John B and I fist bumped each other.

It felt like we were moving and all I heard was metal clanking and engines revving "We gotta be on the dock now." I whispered and John B shushed me.

We started moving and Kie crashed into me and we all groaned, it felt like we stopped and I sighed "We made it." I said and they all shushed me again "Be quiet, JJ." Ike told me and i frowned "I thought I heard something." I heard and John B went to look out the vent and suddenly we heard banging on door.

"What? What was it?" I whispered and he shook his head "See anything?" "Nah." I heard and when the guys were gone we sighed in relief, now we have to find a way out and get to Sarah and Liv.