Ch. 54

We parked the boat at the Marina and soon we saw someone who looked like JJ then me and Kiara came out from hiding. "JJ?" Kiara blurted out before I could and he looked at both of us.

"JJ."

Kiara ran into his arms and I watched as they hugged, my heart sank, it was like I was invisible.

"I'm so glad you're safe." He mumbled.

"Liv!" Sarah ran over to me pulling me into a hug and soon John B, Pope, and Cleo ran over to us then started hugging me "Liv, you're okay." John B said and i teared up "I thought I'd never see you guys again, I was so worried." I cried and pulled away, JJ turned to me and smiled "Hi." "Hi." I muttered hesitated to hug him but he pulled me into a tight hug.

"We thought you were dead." Pope said and I pulled away from JJ wiping my tears away "I uh- I really was worried about you two." JJ said and I nodded. "Yeah, me too." I mumbled then JJ stepped away and looked at the boat.

"Are you kidding me? Kie..."

"Is this you guys?"

"What... what is..."

The others were surprised with the boat that Rafe had and I smirked "You wouldn't believe it if we told you. Come on." Kie said looking at me then back to the others. "Where'd you get this?" Pope asked and I looked at John B.

"Holy shit."

"I know, right?" I muttered, we walked toward the boat but I looked at John B who was looking distraught "You okay?" I asked and he nodded "You hear that bell right?" He asked and I listened and it sounded familiar "Yeah, why?" "Remember the bells that my dad would bring us back in whenever we needed to go back inside?" He asked and I nodded.

"That's the same ding he'd ring." He told me and i frowned.

"John B, Liv, let's go!" Kie's yelled and I sighed "Look, we need to get going. Maybe it's just a coincidence." I said and he nodded then walked onto the boat.

I helped JJ and Kiara untie the boat and I was struggling to keep my eyes open, I was so tired from not being able to sleep on the island and after being kidnapped.

"Yeah, so I have just a couple of questions." "Go ahead." Kie laughed and JJ smirked "A Lagoon with twin Volvos. You understand we can go anywhere with this thing, right?" JJ said and I rolled my eyes "I know, kind of a piece of shit." Kie told him and I sighed.

"Way to be discreet, by the way. What did they want anyway? They didn't hurt you guys, did they?" JJ asked looking at Kie and then me.

"No. No, I'm- we're good. It just... I mean, you're not gonna guess what Singh wanted from us... Denmark's Diary." JJ frowned.

"Why?"

"We don't know. Said it leads to a treasure that's a lot bigger than the Merchant." I told him and he climbed onto the boat.

"You're saying there's a bigger treasure?" He asked and Kie nodded "Then, sign me up." He said walking past us and Kie laughed following him.

I looked at the ground and when I looked up I saw Pope looking at us which my guess he overheard our conversation and was thinking about Kie.

He gave me a small smile and I shrugged then went around the boat then I remembered I Rafe gave me his jacket so I slipped it on.

His cologne was still strong.

"So you're not going to believe who was with Singh." I muttered looking at Pope and he frowned "My fa- Nathan... he's with Singh not Ward." I told him and JJ came up. "Did he hurt you?" He asked and i gently touched my neck "He admitted in killing my dad and grandfather." I said and John B stopped what he was doing and frowned. "It was Nathan?" He questioned and I nodded "He admitted it." I told him and he pulled me into a hug.