Ch. 19

Mrs. Lana gave us towels and some clothes to change into and we sat down at the table, Lana handed me a cup of hot chocolate and I smiled "Thank you." I muttered and I looked down at the cup. "The night your father disappeared... I came home early from work to find Scooter talking to Ward and Chris." Mrs Lana started and told us about how Big John wanted to change a deal and they got into a big argument that ended in Big John dying.

"So, he stole my father's map... then he tossed his body into the sea?" John B questioned her and she sighed "He sunk your father's boat where no one would ever find it. And they began to look for the gold every day for nine months. When Agatha built up, there was only one place they hadn't looked." Lana told us and I cleared my throat, I was still on the fence about my father, what did he know of Big John, did he have any involvement in killing him?

"Lana, what about my dad? Did he have anything to do with killing my uncle?" I asked and she shook her head "No, he didn't. Ward told him if he told anybody or go to the police he'd expose your family's secrets, Mady's messy relationship with your real father, your drug and alcohol addiction, rehab, he was going to tell everyone that he'd did it for the money." Lana said and i frowned "Ward blackmailed him, blackmailed my family to save his ass?" I questioned and she nodded.

"Ward sent my husband out into that storm. I begged him not to go, but he said that Ward was worried the storm would wash everything away. But Scooter did find somethin' out there. Not what he expected." Lana said and i looked at John B then back to her. "He wasn't dead when Ward dumped him." Lana said and I could hear John B crying softly "He made it to shore... And the last thing he ever did... was for you." She said and John B shook his head, his breathing was shaky and I held his hand.

"I am so sorry, John B. I should have told you a long time ago." Lana said and John B got up and i frowned "But you can't say anything. He's dangerous. He's capable of anything. Don't..." "I don't care, Lana!" John B ran out and I got up from the table "John B! John B wait!" I yelled ready to run after him but Lana stopped me "Olivia, please. You can't say anything. I- I don't want you or your cousin to end up like Scooter." Mrs Lana said and I gave her a sympathetic smile. "Lana I have to talk to my dad, if he has information about Big John he has to tell Sheriff Peterkin. It's the right thing to do... I don't care if people find out about my drug addiction and rehab! The truth will come out... and I promise I'll be safe, okay?" I said and she nodded. I ran out of her house down the driveway and ran the direction to my house to confront my dad.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

I walked through the front door not caring to close it, all I needed was to talk to my dad "Dad? Dad!" I yelled and he came out of his study and saw my arm "Olivia, what happened?" "What really happened with Big John? And don't lie... Lana told me and John B everything." I told him and he just looked at me like I accused him of killing my cat.

My dad sat me down and cleaned my wound then wrapped it up in bandage "Big John brought us out in his boat and wanted assurances, legal assurances. He wanted more than Ward wanted, he wanted 50/50 but John wanted 20/80... my guess for Big John." My dad said and I shook my head in disbelief. "They started arguing, I tried to stop them but Big John he- he fell and hit his head. I- I wanted to help him, call for help or something but Ward he- he never called. I told him that we'd have to go to Pete but he said he'd tell everyone about your mother's past and your time in rehab, he even threatened to hurt you and the kids." My dad said and i frowned. "He threatened us? ...Threatened the twins and Frankie?" I questioned and he nodded, I looked away for a second to think and I stood up. "Where are you going?" My dad asked and I sighed "I don't care if he tells everyone about my addiction, he threatened my family! He deserves to be in jail... I'm telling Sheriff Peterkin!" I yelled and ran to the Chateau.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

I saw John B on the dock and I sighed "How long have you been out here?" I asked and he turned his head and shrugged "Just got back, I went to talk to Sarah..." John B said and I sat next to him dangling my feet off the dock and almost touched the water with my shoes. "What did she say?" I asked and he sighed "She didn't believe me." He told me and I frowned. "Well, I talked to my dad. And Lana was right." I said and I saw John B tense up "He kept quiet because Ward threatened my mom, he threatened me... And he Threatened Julian, Robbie, and Frankie." I told him and he looked at me "Ward belongs in jail... and we're going to put him there. We just need to tell Sheriff Peterkin, she'll believe us." I told him and he nodded.

John B pulled out a picture of Big John and my mom which made me smile "He and your mom deserves a proper goodbye." John B said and I nodded, John B had made a little raft and he placed the picture on it and I lit the candle then he placed it into the water. "Goodbye Dad." He cried and it floated away. I leaned my head on John B's shoulder and sighed "Goodbye mom... I'm sorry I wasn't there in the end." I muttered and we sat in silence, next thing we know we fell asleep on the dock.

In the morning, John B nudged me awake and I groaned "Hey. We need to go check the gold. C'mon." He said and I nodded then got into the Twinkie. Once we got to Crane house I noticed a for sale sign and i frowned, John B jumped over the stone gate "John B!" I yelled for him but he didn't stop so I jumped the gate too. I made my way to the well and saw John B going down the rope "Shit! John B, wait!" I yelled and suddenly I heard him shouting "John B! John B!" I yelled and he came back up "It's gone! It's all gone, Liv!" He shouted and i frowned "The gold is gone!" He yelled and I pulled him into a tight hug, Ward killed his father, threatened my family's and stole the gold from us, now it's personal.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

We went back to the Chateau and we found JJ and Kiara "Liv! Shit! What the hell happened to you?" JJ said after seeing my arm and I sighed "Relax, I'm fine. My dad fixed me up." I told them then John B told them that Ward killed Big John and stole all the gold. "Oh yeah, my dad was there too and Ward threatened my family." I told them and they frowned "You sure he got everything?" Kiara asked John B and he sighed. "Every bar. The whole enchilada." He muttered then sat up "Look, it's not like I expected a happy ending or some shit." He said pulling off his cast and my eyes widened "John B..." "What, Kie? It's a hairline fracture. Who cares?" John B told us and I rolled my eyes "You should care." "Your arm's gonna be messed up for life." Me and Kiara advised him but he didn't care.

"It's fine. See?" He muttered showing us his hand and I rolled my eyes, I saw Pope running down the dock and I remembered he had his interview. "Guys! Guys! Oh! Oh! Oh, God. I ran all the way here." He yelled and the others looked at him "You all right?" "How was the interview, Pope?" JJ asked and I nodded "Yeah, how was it?" I asked and he sighed trying to catch his breath "Don't ask." He said and i frowned, did it not go great?

"Awesome." "JB... Look, I'm sorry, dude. About everything." Pope told him and John B was so over today and so was I. "It's fine." "But... but I don't have a lot of time, and... and I have information that is tactically relevant. So, before I had my interview, my dad said he was going down to the private airstrip to cut palms for Cameron's big plane." He said and i frowned. "Because it was too heavy, it needed a longer landing strip to take off. So, I'm there sitting in my interview, thinking to myself, "Hm. Why would Cameron need a longer airstrip to take off? What could be so heavy to weigh it down?"" Pope said and I nodded "Gold." "That's right." John B muttered and Pope pointed at him "Exactly. Guys, this is our chance, but it leaves tonight, and we have to go." "Guys, we can't give up now." I told them and JJ looked at John B.

"What's the plan, big man?" He said and he smirked "We're gonna steal that shit back." He said and looked at me, we all laughed "Let's do this!" "Come on, boys and girl!" Kiara shouted and i smiled as they ran towards the house, I looked to John B and he nodded "For your mom." He told me and I nodded then we did our handshake before running to the Twinkie.