Ch. 25

I made my way to school and I parked next to Kie's car, I sighed then walked up to Kie, Pope and JJ "Morning." Kie smiled and everyone stopped and looked at the four of us, we walked towards the school. I saw a memorial for John B, they made a surfboard with his pictures on it and I saw a picture of him with me and my mom.

My breathing became rapid, I was hyperventilating, "I can't do this." I muttered as I looked at everyone staring and I overheard people talking about my father and my grandfather, saying John B probably murdered them then tried to kidnap me and Sarah or saying I was in on it. "Liv..." "I have to get out of here... I'll call you later." I told Kie and looked at JJ who didn't even say a word to me, I shook my head then looked at Pope and gave him a small side smile.

I walked back to my car and drove away from the school, my hands gripped the steering wheel hard as I thought back to that night, I lost it and started sobbing, my phone buzzed and I wiped my cheek with my hand then picked up my phone to see an unknown number. I threw my phone onto the passenger seat then looked up to see someone crossing the road and I abruptly pressed on the brake almost hit the person by a few inches. My eyes widened and I got out "Oh my god! I am so sorry! I didn't see you, are you okay?" I asked and I saw that it was Rafe "I'm good." He said holding his chest and I sighed in relief "Rafe, I- I almost killed you... I'm so sorry!" I told him and he sighed. "It's all good, I mean I almost killed you... uh I should be the one apologizing to you." He said and I laughed with tears still in my eyes.

"Okay, what's- Uh what's so funny?" Rafe asked and I cleared my throat "I almost hit you with my car." I laughed and he frowned "You- you tried to kill me and just now I almost killed you with my car!" I told him and he looked at me with his guilty face "Liv... Wait, don't you have school?" He asked me and I rolled my eyes. "I took a free day..." I muttered then scoffed "No I left... I didn't even step inside." I sarcastically said and I remembered everyone staring at me then my face dropped. "I think I'm gonna be sick." I muttered then ran off the side of the road and threw up, I leaned over then suddenly I felt my hair be pulled back and hands rubbing my shoulders "Hey, it's okay. Ssshh." Rafe let out soothing words and I took a deep breath. I stood up and sighed in relief "I saw everyone look at me and overheard them talking about how my cousin probably killed my father and grandfather like he killed Sheriff Peterkin but... oh how wrong are they! Huh, Rafe?" I told him and Rafe looked at the ground "If only they knew, right? But they never will, won't they." "Olivia, I- I never meant for this to happen, I- I was trying to save my dad. All I ever wanted was to help my dad." Rafe told me and I frowned "Save your dad, right, right, right. Your dad blackmailed my dad, threatened me, killed my uncle, my dad, and my grandfather!! I shouldn't even be talking to you right now!" I yelled and he took a step back. "There's a line when you have to do what is right, and turning yourself in is the right thing." I told him and suddenly he pulled me into a deep kiss. I was caught off guard and I pulled away then slapped him and got into my car, I drove to the chateau not knowing what the hell just happened.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

JJ

I sat in class taking notes... well doodling on my notes because who needs em', Am I right? "The slave becomes the new ruler. Now, Diocletian splits the sprawling Roman Empire..." I couldn't help but think about Liv, I should of said something to make her stay right? Or did she need to be alone right now, I mean she did sneak pills behind my back and she knows how I feel about that. It's like she's becoming more like Rafe and I'm afraid that she'll go back to him but how could she, after what he did and what his family has done.

I heard a phone ding as I was gazing out the window, I turned back to my doodling. "...into four separate kingdoms." My phone buzzed and i frowned then Pope's phone buzzed and dinged "Whose phone was that? Nobody?" Mr. Sunn muttered and there was a silence "You will be tested.... Now, to recap, who was Diocletian? An ex-slave who became
the ruler of the Roman Empire. His reign began..." Mr. Sunn kept explaining whatever he was explaining.