Ch. 16

I got ready for the day and my dad called me downstairs "Yeah dad?" I said as I rounded the corner to see Ward at the door and I smiled "Hi Ward." "Good morning, Olivia." He smiled and cleared his throat "I understand that you and my son are somewhat dating now. Is that correct?" He asked and I cleared my throat "Yes, we are. He finally told you." I said and he nodded "Yes he did." "Was this before you kicked him out?" I questioned and he sighed "I just wanted to say I'm happy for you two. I just know you two are a perfect couple, I also know he's staying here with you. I know that I was a bad father but I want to make amends with him. But first I was here to invite you fishing with me and your cousin tomorrow." He told me and i frowned "Tomorrow? Uh I- I can't I have plans with Rafe." I told him and he nodded "And I'm sure he would be okay if you rain check them plans. C'mon, you guys are in this family now. I just want to to get to know you guys a lot better and maybe help score your father some more points in my business." Ward said and I looked at my dad and he shrugged "Okay... okay, I'll go fishing with you guys... just let you know, I'm a shit fisher." I told him and he chuckled "We'll sort ya out." Ward told me and I nodded then went to the kitchen to grab water from the fridge then before I went to the guest house I heard my father talking to Ward.

"What are you playing at Ward?" I heard my dad say and i frowned then tip toed to the corner to listen to their conversation. "I just want to get to know your daughter more. For my children." "What about John B? Are you ever going to tell him?" I heard my dad say and i frowned, tell him what I wonder. "No... and if you don't want the whole Outer Banks to know about your wife's old life and Olivia's whole situation..." Ward said and my eyes widened, he knows about me going to rehab? I went to the guest house and I saw Rafe in bed and i quietly climbed in trying not to wake him but he opened his eyes. "I'm sorry... i didn't want to wake you, you looked so peaceful." I told him and he smiled then put his arm around me and pulled me in closer.

"It's okay." "I'm sorry for last night... I was an idiot for taking so much weed... I feel embarrassed of what I said." I told him and he sighed "And that's why you shouldn't have weed ever ever again." He said and kissed my nose. "I really do love you, Rafe." "I love you too." Rafe told me and I smiled but it dropped.

"Um so... I have to go fishing with your dad and John B." I told him and he frowned "Why?" "He says that I'm apart of this family because I'm your girlfriend. So you told him." I questioned and he nodded "Yeah... before he kicked me out. Do you want to go?" He asked me and I shrugged "I have plans already but I have to do this for my dad... for my family." I told him and he nodded. I got a text and I took my phone out from my back pocket and saw that it was Sarah telling me her and John B were at the Chateau. "Duty calls... I'll be back tonight." I told him and kissed his cheek then went out the back and grabbed my bike.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

"Kie! This better work. We can't pawn this if there's a giant wheat symbol on it." JJ said bringing the gold out and Kiara smiled holding the torch "It's gonna work." She said and I watched as Kiara melted down the gold, I held one piece I picked up that I wanted to keep just for safe keeping. "I never thought we'd actually find the gold?" I muttered and JJ looked at me and smiled.

We all hopped into the Twinkie and drove to the Pawn shop to try and pawn it off "Hell of a job melting it down, Dr. Frankenstein." "Like you could've done better." Kiara and JJ were fighting and I rolled my eyes. "I could have. I took a welding class." "When?" I scoffed and John B shushed us "Chill out, okay?" He said and JJ frowned. "Easy for you to say. You're not the one that has to pawn this piece of shit off. How did I get this job anyway?" JJ said putting backpack around one arm and I smirked "'Cause you're the best liar... and Liv will be next to you if you need back up." Pope said and we all went inside, I followed JJ to the front counter as the others walked around not drawing any suspicion.