Ch. 17

They dropped me off at Popes so they could have some couples time, I helped pay for the supplies and we went back to the Chateau "Gotta be done before my scholarship interview in the morning

They dropped me off at Popes so they could have some couples time, I helped pay for the supplies and we went back to the Chateau "Gotta be done before my scholarship interview in the morning." "Okay, well, we gotta focus." Kiara said and I sighed "I know. It's gonna be fine. We got John B and JJ inside the well, and me up top. You two and Sarah will be outside transporting." Pope said and I nodded "Yeah, cuz I'm not going in that well again. I think I got nightmares from that jaw bone." I muttered and Kiara laughed "Yeah, we got this." "Cool. Uh, I got a winch. Yeah. That tin can hold over like... 200, 300 pounds." Pope told us and I nodded "Seems enough." "Thanks." Kiara muttered and we both looked at her.

"Thanks." "Uh, what for?" Pope asked and Kiara sighed "Stranding us. You know, making us make up." She said nodding to me and I smiled "What makes you think that was me?" Pope said and I chuckled "Because John B and JJ can't make a stable plan." I muttered and lights turned on and we heard an generator whirled making us frown in confusion. "What the hell?" "Who the hell is that?" I asked and we walked to the back and saw a hot tub and lights over the yard, JJ was sitting happily inside and popped open a champagne bottle.

"What did you do, JJ?" "I got a jet going straight in my butt right now. Y'all should get in immediately, you hear me? Salud!" I looked at JJ crazily and didn't understand what he was doing "How much did this cost?" "Uh... Well, with the generator, the petrol, and oh, hey, express delivery..." JJ chuckled and my eyes widened while my mouth was open half way. "...pretty much all of it, yeah." "All of it?" I questioned and he nodded "Yeah, all of it." "You spent all the money in one day?" Pope asked and he smirked "Yeah, burned a hole right through my pocket. But, I mean, like, come on, guys, like, look at this! Finest in jet-based massage therapy, that's what they told me." "JJ, what the hell?!?" I yelled and he shrugged "Liv, Kie, what? Can't a man have a little luxury in life? Come on, all this scrimpin' and scrapin'...
I mean, like... guys, we... You only live once, right? Enough of this emotional shit. Get in the Cat's Ass. Come on." JJ said and Kiara frowned "In the what?" "In the Cat's Ass. That's what I named her. Oh, hey, yo, I almost forgot." JJ muttered then flipped a switch to change the lights and I scoffed.

"Huh? Yeah, that's right, I know. Disco mode. That's right, baby!" "Are you kidding me? You could have paid for restitution!" Pope yelled and I felt like something was wrong, like he acted differently. "Or literally given it to any charity!" "You could have helped us buy supplies to get the rest of the gold out of the well!" Kiara and Pope yelled and I held my hands up "Guys!" "Okay, well, you know what? I didn't do that!" JJ yelled and stood up revealing his body covered with bruises and I stopped, I felt like I couldn't breathe, his father beat him again and I couldn't do anything to help him.

"I got a hot tub! For my friends. I got a hot tub for my friends. You know what? No, you know what? Screw friends. I got a hot tub for my family!" JJ yelled and we were all speechless, I held my hand up to my mouth to stop myself from sobbing "What the hell?" "I got this for you. Guys, look what I did for you! All right? Look at this! Look at this!" JJ started tearing up and Kiara shook her head "JJ." "No, you stop being emotional. It's fine, okay? I mean, it's sweet, right? Everything... Just get in!" JJ cried and I shook my head and walked towards him, I stepped into the hot tub and pulled him into a hug and he started sobbing. "I just couldn't do it." He told me as he sobbed and I wrapped my arms around his neck and he laid his head in the crook of my neck.