Ch. 7

I woke up and groaned, after hanging with Sarah then talking with Rafe I fell down while climbing down, the bushes cushioned my fall, but my body still ached and my knuckles were bruised "Morning, Livy." My little sister Frankie said while eating breakfast with my twin brothers Robbie and Julian, I smiled "Morning Frankie. Robbie. Julian." I muttered and I grabbed a muffin then grabbed my backpack "I'm going to John B's!" I called out to my parents and my mom came down the stairs "Wait, a minute... give me a hug before you go." she said, and I sighed "Alright..." "So, we got a call from DCS... tell John B he needs to safe, so if that means going to live on the mainland then that's what he needs." my mom said and I rolled my eyes "I mean, he could stay here... with us." I told her and she sighed then rubbed my shoulders.  "You know we have no room... I would love to have him here. If my brother could see him now, he'd be so proud." "You act like he's dead... he's out there, somewhere." I muttered and she sighed "Is that what John B is telling himself? Is that a bruise?" She said grabbing my hand and I rolled my eyes. "I have to go." I told her and rode my bike to John B's to see him, JJ, Kiara and Pope were outside waiting for me.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

"Look, I'm callin' it off. All right? Peterkin said, if I stay out of the marsh, she'll help me with DCS." John B told us, and JJ frowned "And you believed her?" He asked John B and he sighed "Yes, I believe her, JJ." "An actual cop, John B. You believed a cop." JJ said and I frowned "All I gotta do is stay out of the marsh for a couple days, and she'll help me out... It doesn't help that your ass was the one shooting a gun." John B said and JJ rolled his eyes. "You know what I should have done? Just let Topper drown your ass." "Topper was gonna drown me?" John B said making me frown "It looked like he was, John B..." I said.

"Yeah, like what Liv said. Sure, looked like it." JJ agreed with me, and John B sighed "Have you looked in a mirror?" "Tell me some more. Come on..." John B muttered and JJ smirked. "John B..."

"They always win, don't they, man? Kooks versus Pogues. They always, always win!" JJ yelled and I frowned "Look, it's okay!" "No, it's not okay! It is not! They don't want us to go down into the marsh. That means there's something valuable down there, and you know it... I know you do." JJ told Kie then looked at Pope "And I understand why you don't wanna go... You're the golden boy. You got way too much to risk. And you... I mean, you two are already rich as fuck anyway. Why would you guys bother?" JJ said and I rolled my eyes.

"But you and me, man, we got nothin' to lose! We really don't, all right?" JJ said and John B sighed "And I know it didn't use to be that way for you..." "I don't want to talk about this. I don't want to talk about it." John B said and I knew how much my uncle meant to John B, he was the only family that was close besides me, my siblings and my aunt "So that's it?" JJ muttered and John B pushed passed him "Just get out of my way, bro." "John B, listen to me. I have a plan. You got the key to Cameron's big boat, right?" JJ said coming up with a plan and I frowned "JJ, no..." "There's scuba gear... We borrow that, and then we go down to the wreck this afternoon, and that is what's gonna save you, man." JJ said and I rolled my eyes, he never stops thinking of ways to get us into trouble...

"You don't see rich kids going into foster care, do you?" JJ told John B and John B looked at me "You think you could help keep watch while I get the tanks?" He asked me and I looked between the JJ and John B, I sighed then looked at the ground "Fine... but you two owe me... Well, you owe me, since this is your idea." I said pointing at JJ and he smirked "Of course." He muttered then John B and I took the HMS Pogue to Sarah's.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

"My mom told me that it would be best if you went into foster care... if we had enough room you could stay with us but right now, she thinks it will be good for you." I told John B and he sighed "And leave you and the others? Nah, I think I'm good staying here." he said, and I smiled. "Ok, so what's the plan?" I asked and John B tied the rope to the dock then helped me up off the boat, John B looked out towards Sarah's house to see they were on the patio having breakfast like always. "Just help me get the tanks." He said and we quickly got onto the druthers, John B opened the closet where the tanks were kept and grabbed two.