Ch. 53

We made a plan to get the guard in the room and tie him up, I stayed on the bed and put on my best actress face as Rafe and Kiara both was in the bathroom ready to attack the guard.

"Ready Liv? Kie?" Rafe asked looking at me and then to Kiara who gave him a silent nod.

"Just get away from me!" "I'm tired of this shit. I'm gonna kill you, Kie!" Rafe yelled and he looked at me and nodded "Rafe, please! Stop!" I yelled crying and Kiara screamed like her life depended on it "Help!" She yelled and I threw a glass vase at the floor and then we went silent.

"Hey, you three! What'd you do?" The guard yelled and he came in, I began crying fake tears and I held my hands up "He- he killed her." I cried and he frowned then looked into the bathroom to see Kie's feet dangling from the bathtub. "What be this?" The door slammed into the guards side and gun flew out of his hands, Rafe began fighting him as Kiara got out of the tub and I stood up grabbing the lamp then I threw it on top of the guard trying to knock him down. "Stay down! Stay down, you understand? Stay down." Rafe held him down as me and Kiara stayed alert. "Don't move!" Kiara yelled and the guard glared at us "Huge mistake. You'll regret this." He told us and I rolled my eyes, Kiara grabbed a piece of the curtain to tie the guard up and gave it to Rafe. "Hey, gimme the phone." Rafe muttered and grabbed the guards phone "Here, tie him up." Kiara said and Rafe tied up the guard.

We went out of the room quietly, Rafe looked at us and I closed the door "This way. Come on." Rafe told us.

We went down the stairs then Rafe opened the side door to see if the coast was clear. "Okay. Hey." Rafe nodded for us to come across the foyer and Kiara stopped.

"Hey. Hey, Rafe. Rafe. Rafe, Rafe, Rafe."

"What?"

"Hey, hey, let me see the phone." Kiara said and i frowned "Why?" "Just give it to me." Rafe sighed and took out the phone.

"Okay. Give me the gun... Okay, this way,
this way, this way."

Kiara exchanged the gun and took the phone walking over to a picture and i frowned.

"Kie, what are you doing?" I asked and she sighed "Clue about that treasure." She whispered to me and I dropped my shoulder.

"Really?"

"Let's go! Come on!" Rafe called us and I glared at him "Hold on!" she quickly emailed it to herself and put it in my pocket. "Kie, Liv, come on!" Rafe called and we sneaked out the back.

We looked over a fence and saw men putting palm tree leaves in the back of a truck "I got an idea. Come on, come on!" Rafe said and we followed him out to the lawn beside the road. "Come on." I ran behind Kie and Rafe trying to catch up but I wasn't as fast as them givin that I was still weak and tired from the island. "Come on, Liv!" "Come on, come on!" Kiara and Rafe called for me and I tried running faster.

"They're slowing down. Come on, come on!" Kiara yelled and she jumped onto the truck. "Go, go, go, go, go. Liv, come on!" Rafe yelled and helped me jump on the truck by grabbing my arm and pulling me up.

I got myself situated on the back of the truck but my eyes widened to see a man in the back of the truck. "No. No, no!" Rafe lunged for the man and i frowned as he started punching him "Rafe!" Kiara yelled and he threw him off the truck and the man screamed.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

We laid under the cover and I was between Rafe and Kiara, I turned my head to see Rafe staring at me and I smiled softly but I turned my head to look at Kiara who was looking at me like I killed her cat. I looked away from them and was now in my head, thinking about what he said in the room, our kiss, then I thought about JJ. I cheated on him... how am I going to tell him.

Rafe pulled the cover off of us and I sighed in relief "I told you we just had to work together." Rafe said and I looked at Kiara to see she was trying to figure something out. "All right. Listen, I'm headed out to my boat, okay? I can give you a ride out, drop you wherever, somewhere safe. One thing though." He said and I nodded.

"Look at me... I know your friends on the island and my sister. I'm not helping them. All right? I can't trust them, okay? I'll give you guys a ride out, not them. Okay?" Rafe said and Kiara nodded then looked over to him.

"I just want to get off this island..." she said and I nodded "Me too... I just want to get back to my siblings." "That's smart. You know, I never thought of you as a Pogue." Rafe said to Kiara and she frowned "What did you think of me as?" Kiara asked and Rafe chuckled "I mean, I always liked you, Kie. You're at least half Kook and you Liv. You're a Kook, and I know for a fact you'll always be one." Rafe told me and I looked at Kiara and then looked back at Rafe.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

We got into town and Rafe motioned for us to get off and he looked around then turned to us. "C'mon. My boat's down here." We followed him down to a small marina and we got to a big boat and i smiled.

"Make sure your shoes are off." Rafe said and I scoffed quietly "Okay, we should have enough juice to get us to Saint Lucia, no problem." Rafe said and I nodded then sighed in relief "Thought I'd never be able to get home to my siblings and my dad..." I said and Rafe frowned "Your dad? Chris... Chris is alive?" He questioned and I nodded. "He is... he's been in hiding, he thought Ward was the one who tried to kill him but turns out it was Nathan. He may have missed my dad but he still murdered my grandfather." I told him and Rafe looked relieved. "I'm glad he's okay..." he said then got onto the boat and Kiara stood on the dock looking up at him unsure.

"Hey, get on the boat." "You're not gonna pull anything if we get in?" Kiara asked and i frowned "Kie..." "No, I'm not gonna pull anything, okay? I'm trying to do you a solid here. You really wanna be back there with Singh, or do you wanna be somewhere safe? Liv, can you please?" Rafe questioned and I looked at Kiara "He's trying here... look we can get somewhere safe then get someone to go back for the others." I told her and she sighed "Can you help me with the bowline?" Rafe asked and Kiara nodded then got on the boat and walked over to the bowline.

I climbed up to where Rafe was and I sighed "I forgive you." I told him and he turned to me and frowned "You do?" He questioned and I nodded "Yeah... I- know how you are. You're like me... You'd do anything for your family." I said and he smiled. "I'd do anything for you... I love you, Liv. There's no one else that I want besides you." Rafe said and we were about to kiss but Kiara yelled my name.

"Hey, uh, I... I can't get it." She said and Rafe frowned "What?" "I need some help!" Kie said and Rafe sighed "goddamn, do I have to do everything?" He muttered then went down to Kie, I sat down on the little couch and held my head in my hands, what am I doing?

I heard a huge splash which made me stand up quick "Kie! Hey!" I heard Rafe yell and Kiara came up to the controls and started going "Kie, what are you doing?" "We're getting out of here." She said and I turned to look at Rafe who was in the water "Kie! Where are you going?" "I've gotta help my friends!" Kiara yelled.

"You don't know what you're doing! Hey! Liv, please!" Rafe yelled and Kiara grabbed my hand "Hey, you're with me, okay? We can get to the others right now. We can't trust Rafe." She said and I nodded.

"Shit! I'll find you, Kie! I'll find you! Kie, you're gonna regret this shit. Kiara! Liv!" Rafe yelled and I looked at him one more time then looked to the ground "You're done! You hear me! Done!" Rafe yelled and I closed my eyes and took a deep breathe... my siblings and my friends are what matters right now.

Kiara handed me the phone and I dropped a pin to tell John B and the Pogues where to meet and I sighed "What if Singh already got to them?" I questioned and Kiara sighed "I believe in them." Kie said and I nodded.