Ch. 39

John B stopped the Twinkie "Ah, crap!" Pope said and i frowned "What? What's wrong?" "The tide!" John B said and Pope sighed "Oh, this doesn't look good." "How deep is that?" Kie asked and John B Shrugged "I dunno. The road's gone." "Tide rose faster than I thought it would." JJ said and I nodded.

"Just a little bit." "Uh, John B, how high are the spark plugs?" JJ asked and he sighed "They're good. We're fine." "How high are they?" Pope and JJ said in unison and he looked out the window and nodded.

"Oh, um... Uh, just above the taillight." "Okay, so that's, what, three feet?" JJ questioned and Pope nodded "That's three feet. Yeah." "It can't be three feet deep." Kie said and John B shrugged. "Then what's the problem?" He asked and JJ and Pope shook there heads "Not a problem. No, we're good. We're good. She'll make it." JJ said and i frowned "Are you sure?" "Yeah." JJ told me and I nodded. "Fasten your seat belts. Hold on to something." John B said and I grabbed the one of the seat belts and Sarah looked at me.

"We're going into hyperdrive." "I'll say a quick prayer." JJ said and I nodded "Me too!" I let out and closed my eyes real quick.

"Three, two, one." John B stepped on the gas and we all yelled "Okay." "You got this! You got this!" I heard JJ yell and I could feel we were sleeping. "Faster! Faster!Speed is your friend. Speed is your friend, John B." JJ yelled and I grabbed onto Sarah "Oh god!" "I think I'm going to be sick!" I shouted and Sarah groaned "Oh my God! Oh my God!" "Ah! shit! Oh!" Her and Kiara yelled and we slide off the road and into the water and I heard John B groan. "No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no." "I think we miscalculated." Pope said and i frowned "You think!" I groaned and JJ sighed "I knew I should have driven." He shouted and we all got out.

Water was above our ankles and the Twinkie was just stuck "Okay, maybe we can walk from here." "What? And leave the Twinkie? The... the tide's coming in." John B told Pope and he shrugged. "So then what are we supposed to do?" Pope said and i had an idea "Not stay here." JJ said and I sighed.

"I can take my dad's truck." I said and they all looked at me and John B cleared his throat "Liv, are you sure?" "Yeah, I mean... he's dead so why would he need it right?" I said trying to be sarcastic. I looked down at my shoes then cleared my throat "We need something to pull her out with tho." "There's the winch at the Chateau. That's, like, two miles." JJ said and John B and Sarah nodded.

"Yeah, that's a good idea." "If you're gonna do it, let's go, okay?" John B said and I nodded "All right." "Hey, I'll come with you." Kiara said and JJ nodded.

"Tide's coming in. Twinkie's going underwater." "Double time, Kie. Liv. We gotta move." JJ said and Kiara handed me my backpack and I sighed "Let's get this over with." I muttered then we made our journey to my house.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Me, Kiara and JJ went to my house to get my dads truck, JJ went to open the door but I stopped him "Before we go in there, there's something I need to tell you guys." I told them and JJ frowned "Hey whatever it is, you can tell me anything." JJ told me and Kiara nodded.

I looked at both of them and sighed "My dad's alive." I told him and they frowned "That's crazy, you're crazy!" "You said he was shot? You had a funeral!" Both JJ and Kiara said and I sighed.

"It's not that crazy... guys, I'm not... crazy." I said and sighed while closing my eyes "Here, I'll prove it to you." I said looking at them then opened the door. We walked in and I looked around the hallway "Dad?"

I looked around and he stuck his head out of his office "Mr. Bradley? You are alive!" JJ chuckled, he walked out and pulled JJ into a hug then hugged Kiara. "How is this possible?" Kiara asked and I sighed.