Ch. 55

I laid down trying to at least nap but I just stared at the ceiling "You okay?" I heard and I turned my head to Sarah. "I uh- so I haven't been really forward with you or the others." I told her and she frowned "What do you mean?" She asked and I sighed.

"I haven't been telling you everything, like on the island... I haven't been alright." I muttered and she sat next to me. "Liv? What is going on? You can tell me." She said grabbing my hand and I felt tears forming in my eyes. "I..."

Don't

Don't...

I looked at my side to see Taylor there again.

Don't tell her, she'll think you're crazy... she won't understand.

"Liv, c'mon. It's okay." Sarah muttered and I wiped my tears "I've been seeing Taylor... ever since the island." I told her and she frowned. "What?" I saw the confusion in her face and I sighed "He's been showing up and telling me all these things..." "Liv, that's crazy... he's back in OBX." Sarah said and I scoffed at her. She thinks I'm crazy now, she doesn't get it. "I'm not... no... I- I can't." I muttered and Sarah frowned "Liv... what? Wait." I shook my head then stood up and went up top.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

JJ

"So you sure you didn't tell him where the diary is?" "I told him i'd seen it, but I didn't tell him where." Kiara said and I nodded. "So why did Singh want it so bad?" "Singh said that he thinks the diary has a clue to the location of some city of gold. Like the gold on the Merchant was just a small part of it." She told me and i frowned. "Okay, so the diary we have leads to a 500-year-old treasure that no one's ever found?" I questioned and Kie shrugged "Pretty much." "I'm in. It's kind of like my best option at this point, so... definitely beats sitting in geometry class." I told her and she chuckled.

"Yeah, beats boarding school." Kiara said and I sighed "I mean I don't even know what'll happen when we get back to the OBX. Nothing good, I can tell you that. Nothing good..." "Olivia hasn't even found her siblings yet so she'll be focused on that." Kiara said and I nodded.

"Shit is going to suck for like a year..." "At least you don't got a restitution, though. No job. No parents. Yeah, arrows are going to be coming in hot. But you know what we do when arrows come flying?" I told her and did some ninja moves and swung from the visor. "And you shoot right back at them. And that spear comes at you, you plant, grab, disarm, straight into the jugular, finish them off like..." I yelled and we just laughed then the boat rocked and Kie tripped into me, we looked into each others eyes. "Just one by one, we'll defeat them all." I said and Kiara nodded "Whatever happens? We're gonna handle it together. Like we always do." Kiara told me and I silently agreed. "Kie-I ca-" "Hey!" We heard and we turned to see Pope and Liv which made Kiara step away from me.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Olivia