Ch. 56

Sarah

"When I went back to Tannyhill, Rafe was on the phone with Ward, and he just kept saying, "My thing, this is my thing." He had to be talking about the cross." I told the others and Pope nodded.

"Absolutely."

"Have you guys got in touch with Liv? Why isn't she here? JJ?" Pope asked and JJ looked at Kie and something was up between them. "Um- Liv is uh back at home with her siblings and her dad..." Kie said and Pope frowned "Did you talk to her?" He asked JJ and he shrugged.

"Okay, shrugging isn't an answer!" "No, i didn't talk to her, okay!" JJ yelled and i frowned "Um the cross is coming into Wilmington tonight at eight o'clock. It's being shipped by train to Raleigh from there, but this is our chance to get it back." I said changing the subject and Pope sighed.

"You get any other information?" "Uh, Sarah got the cargo number." Kie said showing the piece of paper from Tannyhill and Pope nodded. "Okay, well, that's a start." "They're definitely fencing that shit off as we speak. So we should probably get a move on." JJ said and looked at me.

"Sarah, you hear from John B?" "No, I mean, he's probably off somewhere with his dad. But the problem is they have the Twinkie." I told him and Pope sighed

"Our transportation... I could ask Heyward for the truck." Pope said and we all looked at him and JJ smirked "Uh, what? ...Yeah, that's gonna go well." He chuckled making Pope roll his eyes. "I know, but we have no other options." Pope said and he went to go talk to his dad about the truck.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Olivia

Sarah texted me saying Ward and Rafe were talking and they we're going to bring in the cross tonight. Which means Rafe is in town and I didn't know if I wanted to see him or stay clear of him.

I went to grab my families lunch and I saw the TV in the restaurant had me and my friends on the news and everyone looked at me welcoming me back. I smiled at them and I noticed some of my friends too "Hey Olivia." "Liv." I heard and I turned to see Rafe and I cleared my throat then looked around for a second. "Rafe. Hi. I- uh... I need to go, my siblings are probably starving." I muttered my voice trembling as I didn't know what to say to him. "Wait... I uh I wanted to talk." Rafe said and I shrugged "What is there to talk about?" I told him and before he said anything I turned on my heels and left.

I got back home and got a text from Sarah to meet her at the ferry so I gave my siblings their lunch and I sighed "Dad, I'm going to meet Sarah." I told him and he nodded "Be careful." "Ooh can I come?!?" Frankie asked and I sighed "I can't see why not. Dad, can Frankie come?" I asked and he nodded. "Sure... Just finish your lunch, okay?" Dad said and Frankie smiled. "Can we go too?" Julian and Robbie asked and I looked back at dad. He laughed and I sighed "I think that's a yes." I smirked and waited for them to finish their lunch.

I took my car to the ferry and I found everyone else boarding "Okay, why did you want to meet me here?" I asked and they all looked at my siblings "Why did you bring them here?" Sarah asked and I sighed "They wanted to come, and I couldn't really say no." I told her and Frankie grabbed JJ's hand "JJ, I missed you so much!" JJ smirked and picked her up "I missed you too, Shortstack." JJ muttered and looked up at me which I looked away, I feel like if I look at him all my emotions would just flood right out and i don't want that.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊